The weather this week different

Help Support CattleToday:

hillrancher

Reaction score
We have had three hail and wind storms this week. The trees look shaggie, very few leaves left. It has beat up to trucks this week. Was caught out and no place to go. Now the water is coming down in buckets and has all day long. This all will make the need to build fence next week.
This is better than being blown away in dust. Don't every remember hail and wind so frequent.

We have not got much of the rain down here yet hillrancher. Just north of the river they had hail a few days ago and got it agin last night.

hillrancher":1owj015g said:
We have had three hail and wind storms this week. The trees look shaggie, very few leaves left. It has beat up to trucks this week. Was caught out and no place to go. Now the water is coming down in buckets and has all day long. This all will make the need to build fence next week.
This is better than being blown away in dust. Don't every remember hail and wind so frequent.

Sounds like you guys are getting what we got last year. We couldnt by a dry day. Evertime it rained we got 5 inches. Be thankfull You could be like Texas and Oklahoma Burnt up.

JHH":zp4v5yh4 said:
hillrancher":zp4v5yh4 said:

Sounds like you guys are getting what we got last year. We couldnt by a dry day. Evertime it rained we got 5 inches. Be thankfull You could be like Texas and Oklahoma Burnt up.
It's the folks in the drought that keeps me from whining (very much) about all the freaking rain, or at least rainy days we've been having. I also know that it can turn off just as quickly as it turned on.

my ponds are finally full since last August
I sure ain't complaining about the rain I have been behind since last July
we have gotten 4+ inches since I got home from Arkansas thursday evening and they are saying we should get another 4+ by wednesday
raining now

We have had 5.25 in. rain since this time last night. flood watch for the next 24 hrs.
Caustic, this water is crossing your state to get here. We will shear. I do not know the type of decoy to use to get it to land.

After the last 3years we have had ill never complain about too much water again . I'd rather have the grass and not be able to cut it .instead of just dirt

Been storms around here for a couple of hours now. Started west of DFW and moved across so some out there got a little relief. Probably around an inch here in the last hour. Thankful for what we have gotten.

well we got flooded yesterday evening after 5pm.the rain hit an dumped 2.25 inches in 15 mins.an when it quit raining just before dark we had 3.25 inches of rain.our pools should be nice an full now.

I hope Jed Stivers is ok, looking at the radar it looks like some real bad storms are headed his way

Latest posts