The shoe mystery is solved

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater

Reaction score
As some of you know we recently moved. A couple of my dogs are somewhat wary of strangers and none of them will back down from trouble. That was never a problem in CA as they were fenced in on ten acres and understood not to jump the fence and the front entrance was not part of the fenced area. Here, however, in order to get to the house you have to enter the fenced area. We had a delivery driver that made a few deliveries when my wife first moved here that would yell and wave his arms at the dogs and threaten to kick them and my wife and I both told him on a few occasions that that tactic would not work well with our pack.
Fast forward a month and my wife came home from a trip to town and found one of the dogs chewing on a shoe. We though maybe he had been travelling and stole it off someones porch but the neighbors didn't know anything about it. We couldn't figure out where it had come from and we've been scratching our heads every since.
Today we received a delivery from a nice young driver that was very slow and deliberate around the dogs and they in turn were fairly friendly. He told my wife, "they don't seem that bad". Turns out this guy was the last drivers replacement after he quit in the middle of his route. The story was he kicked a dog and the dog ripped his shoe off and wouldn't let him have it back. :lol:

dun":1uhzmuie said:
Cross-7":1uhzmuie said:
I thought all eastern Okie's ran around barefooted and no shirt :D
Apparently the ones that visit CP do!
Some truth there. If you see a snaggle tooth mountain gal runnin the ridges and she only has one shoe.........just ask her if she lost her shoe. She'll tell you 'NO, I found one'

Ouachita":2ao8n9o9 said:
dun":2ao8n9o9 said:
Cross-7":2ao8n9o9 said:
I thought all eastern Okie's ran around barefooted and no shirt :D
Apparently the ones that visit CP do!
Some truth there. If you see a snaggle tooth mountain gal runnin the ridges and she only has one shoe.........just ask her if she lost her shoe. She'll tell you 'NO, I found one'
That's the type of gal I've been looking for my whole life.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love the story CP, and cracked up over the comments you guys! :)

Ohiosteve a gal like that shouldn't be too hard to find....... :lol:

Latest posts