The Mutts Came Home

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
I had hoped to keep them out in the bush for another week but some hunter that failed Gate Closing 101 changed my plans. Not the end of the world just damn irritating. On the upside it gives me more opportunity to see who's missing and try to find them before weaning and shipping.
6A7qvWF.jpg

hunters around my area use to just cut the barb wire if they wanted to get their deer to the road even if a gate was 10 feet away. it only took one time for me to catch them loading the deer and that ended the wire cutting.

There are herds of them starting to show up around here. I think water is starting to dry up in the hills. That and people have them sold for early November delivery with a 45 day wean.

Silver said:
I had hoped to keep them out in the bush for another week but some hunter that failed Gate Closing 101 changed my plans. Not the end of the world just be nice irritating. On the upside it gives me more opportunity to see who's missing and try to find them before weaning and shipping.
6A7qvWF.jpg

That's a beautiful shot right there.

Why is it that people cannot remember to close a gate that they go through.... if they had to open it to go through then they have to close it behind them.... but most can't even remember if it was open or not in the space of 20 feet..... BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING EXCEPT THEMSELVES AT THAT MOMENT.... really gets in my craw....
Dsth.... good for you stopping them.... have seen that happen here on rented land.... or the landowner lets jack, john and bob hunt and no one thinks to ask us as the renters, about the gates or the cows.... and they just do what they want.... and drive across the hayfields with no regard to the fact that there is a road around the outside edge..... :mad: :mad: :bang:

farmerjan said:
Why is it that people cannot remember to close a gate that they go through.... if they had to open it to go through then they have to close it behind them.... but most can't even remember if it was open or not in the space of 20 feet..... BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING EXCEPT THEMSELVES AT THAT MOMENT.... really gets in my craw....
Dsth.... good for you stopping them.... have seen that happen here on rented land.... or the landowner lets jack, john and bob hunt and no one thinks to ask us as the renters, about the gates or the cows.... and they just do what they want.... and drive across the hayfields with no regard to the fact that there is a road around the outside edge..... :mad: :mad: :bang:

In regards to gates I remind anyone I'm giving permission to roam our farm to "shut it if it was closed when they got there and leave it open if it was open to begin with". Works most of the time.

Latest posts