The Future..I hope

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
There is never a time in a cows life where they look better than as a heavy bred long yearling. These are October/November heifers that are except one are due in October. All are AI sired. This is the entire group nothing hidden or held back.. Some of these you have seen before and some you havent. All but the first heifer are raised here, the first one was purchased as an open heifer and bred here.

These are beautiful heifers. I like them all,and know you are very proud of them!

Those are some of the nicest looking females I've seen in awhile.

Are you going to continue breeding them angus? I'd have a hard time not dumping a herf bull in with them.

Hope they all calve easy, breed back quickly, and have long careers for you. They've done real well to this point.

Thanks for all the compliments.. backbone that 4th one was a below avg heifer for weaning weight, but we could tell she was starting to catch up at weaning and did catch by yearling wt time.. sometimes it pays to have some patience especially since she was out of a first calf heifer.. The bred heifer is a sydgen black pearl daughter.

Who does everyone else like as their favorite?

jscunn":3gdo3mfv said:
Who does everyone else like as their favorite?

2nd and 4th are my picks, the last heifer being my least favorite. Not that I wouldn't keep her (I would), she just doesn't have the capacity of the others.

Thanks B&G they are good for us but I am sure there are a lot of heifers out there better..

All but the top heifer, who was bred to sydgen trust, are ai bred to sydgen rock star. according to the vet he couldn't on them ai bred or bred on first cycle after.. one will calve a month later to the cleanup bull.. all registered..

Very very nice heifers. 2nd one would be my top pick. I also like the next to the last one. All are very good animals judging by phenotype. Great job.