The ethonal industry

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I have no love list for ethanol. We have a plant. When looking for support to build it, they dangled the ddg carrot. Now that it’s here, the ddg is owned by an outside source, as soon as it’s produced. You do business with them to get it, it’s priced too high, and that’s ok because they’d rather not have your business.

TexasBred

Reaction score
Caustic Burno said:
We should have never used corn for fuel in the first place.
If we could get ethanol out of fuel would be great.
Sort of odd that they chose corn. If they must use grain a bushel of milo produces more ethanol than a bushel of corn, a bushel of milo cost less than a bushel of corn and the resulting by-product "Milo DDG" has more protein, fat and energy than corn distillers.

TennesseeTuxedo

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Reaction score
TexasBred said:
Caustic Burno said:
Sort of odd that they chose corn. If they must use grain a bushel of milo produces more ethanol than a bushel of corn, a bushel of milo cost less than a bushel of corn and the resulting by-product "Milo DDG" has more protein, fat and energy than corn distillers.

I did not know any of that. Thanks.

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
TexasBred said:
Caustic Burno said:

Corn lobby had the most to slide across the table. Follow the dollar that runs Washington.

Brute 23

Brute 23
CT Supporter
Reaction score
sim.-ang.king said:
I wish they would find a way to make biofuel out of waterhemp. I can grow that for nothing.

... or huisatche and mesquite. :nod:

Its funny when I go to farming country and they are all complaining about welfare and immigration and stuff... :hide:

1982vett

Reaction score
msplmtneer said:
What is the difference between Gasahol that they tried in the 70s and Ethonal they are using today? :tiphat:

Most likely just the price tag someone paid a PR firm to come up with it.....