The Best of "Farm Show"

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
Anyone ever see this mag? It has the most incredible tips and tricks for old crap, adding to new stuff, etc., awesome!

I've got a subscription to Farm Show and love it. Each article amazes me on either one of two levels, a) the ingenuity of the person, or b) the fact they survived making the project or using it.

I just received their best and worst tractors magazine. Love reading the comments and experiences.

Aaron":1kg4ce0p said:
I've got a subscription to Farm Show and love it. Each article amazes me on either one of two levels, a) the ingenuity of the person, or b) the fact they survived making the project or using it.

I just received their best and worst tractors magazine. Love reading the comments and experiences.

I know what you mean about the articles! The other thing I like so much is that they are written in a way that even my mechnicaly challenged mind can get.

MistyMorning":t862iczg said:
I know what you mean about the articles! The other thing I like so much is that they are written in a way that even my mechnicaly challenged mind can get.

Do you take it with you and read while riding in the back of the short bus?

cfpinz":1py3yjju said:
MistyMorning":1py3yjju said:

No, they don't let us read on there, we might hurt ourselves......

MistyMorning":7uvsvomw said:
cfpinz":7uvsvomw said:
MistyMorning":7uvsvomw said:

No, they don't let us read on there, we might hurt ourselves......

Plus it might interfere with your window licking...

I used to enjoy the "handy devices" section in Progressive Farmer. The real fun part for me was that many of the ideas they gave awards to obviously would not work. Apparently someone's brainchild that they never got around to building...............

I've been reading Farm Show for several years...always enjoyable. I just think most of those guys don't have enough to do!!

I have a subscription for the school ag shop. My students love it. It is one magazine/newspaper they enjoy and will sit quietly and read. We have built a few things from it, a loader combine, a trucktor as well as a woodsplitting/hauling/loading truck. Some of the things make you wonder why, some are ingenius and I am amazed at the amount of money some of them spend! Really makes my students think past the original concept of the equipment and how to reuse it in another fashion with a little fabrication.

Although I enjoy reading Farm Show, I take its contents with a grain of salt. Especially the Best Buy/Worst Buy section where different contributors often nominate the same item for both in the same issue. I swear some people can break an anvil with a feather.

Also some of the homemade mechanical devices and the "I built a spaceship on tracks that runs on used vegetable oil out of an old MF combine and a school bus" type articles leave a person wondering WTH were they thinking. :2cents: :bang:

Its a use ful Magazine,keeps folks entertained with out a tv being involved. My Bale Flipper hay loader has been featured twice. Once when I won 15th nationwide in Farm Bureau New inventions contest and once after appearing at Husker Harvest days.The prize for winning 15th was a round trip to Reno Nevada to demonstrate to Farm Bureau Convention.
It was an interesting trip. I learned not to wear steel toed boots and button levis an try to board an airplane.It didnt help any that the xray of my coat with my cell phone an pocket watch looked like C4 with a timer.

Latest posts