The Bear is out of the Cage

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
The Bull market is 10 years old. Is this the beginning of a bear market? Or just a correction?
r2p15k.jpg

Caustic Burno":2z7cvhlz said:
The market has four phases always has always will. Rising, topped out, falling and bottomed out. Then it's rinse and repeat.

Are we in the topped out phase?

TennesseeTuxedo":2n6uvsr6 said:
There is one undisputed fact, the market ALWAYS goes up over time.
The amount of time is always the question. The one thing financial turmoil has taught us is each time it's different.
History does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.

Winter is coming! I don't think stock buybacks and low interest rates will keep things going up. Student loans are a time bomb, the pension system is in tatters. This sure looks like 1929 in many ways. Read the transcripts from the last two Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meetings and you will see that there is little out there that Buffett and Munger are interested in buying. We are in an era of massive leverage pushed hard by LBO guys and underperforming Hedge fund managers. I would be seriously looking hard at assets like raw land and short term treasuries. Like my other comments, I may be dead wrong, this is just my opinion.

It's fixin to get rough, and the outcome won't be good. Oil tanked, interest rates rose, another 600 point plunge, and Mattis resigned.

I tend to agree with CB. This is a market cycle. I believe the greatest threat to the US economy and our security is the annual budget deficits and running national debt but I have been saying that for 20 years. Someday, those chickens are coming home to roost but it may take another 10 years. As long as we can continue to borrow foreign money and service the debt, nothing is going to change.

Things do look precarious but it also makes a difference what angle you look from. I believe in my hands i control the stock market. All i have to do is buy some stock and a week later a gazillion dollars will be wiped of the market. If i sell some they will rocket to 52 week highs.

Redgully":3804rlqb said:
Things do look precarious but it also makes a difference what angle you look from. I believe in my hands i control the stock market. All i have to do is buy some stock and a week later a gazillion dollars will be wiped of the market. If i sell some they will rocket to 52 week highs.

....and that is exactly how I feel sometimes...kind of like leaving your windows down overnight without a cloud in the sky or forecasted rain only to have a popup shower drench your truck over night... Murphys Law :bang:

Dixie2542":2rbxwi34 said:
Redgully":2rbxwi34 said:

....and that is exactly how I feel sometimes...kind of like leaving your windows down overnight without a cloud in the sky or forecasted rain only to have a popup shower drench your truck over night... Murphys Law :bang:

We are powerful people, controlling nature itself. I put some minerals out for my cows and in the middle of the night woke up to rain, had not rained for months and none was forecast. And i didn't even do my dance.

Redgully":2hlduml0 said:

Just give us a heads up what your plans are in advance.

Ken

Latest posts