The American

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":2f7ek39h said:
Bigfoot":2f7ek39h said:
Looks like I missed a good one. It's almost over.

Care to elaborate?

Thought me and the 2 or 3 here that follow rodeo would segway in to a discussion about the rodeo. I walked in about the time it was over, and had to leave for church.

Bigfoot":15lh819j said:
TennesseeTuxedo":15lh819j said:
Bigfoot":15lh819j said:
Looks like I missed a good one. It's almost over.

Care to elaborate?

Thought me and the 2 or 3 here that follow rodeo would segway in to a discussion about the rodeo. I walked in about the time it was over, and had to leave for church.

Gotcha. I missed it entirely.

I spent the afternoon with the cattle. My wife stayed home and watched it and recorded it for me to watch team roping when I got home. You didn't miss a whole lot. There was a couple of good runs. Apparently it's kosher to crossfire now, didn't look like but one even tried. Setup was fast though, some fast times. Nod and go looked like

I thought it was pretty good. The 3 splitting the million was pretty good. You know DeMoss was crossing his fingers he wouldn't have to split, then him and the barrel racer were probably hoping Sage would buck off. I really thought the Brazilian bull rider had a better ride than Sage. I didn't like Sage's lil smack talk if he ain't going to compete every week in the PBR. He was fresh and rested the PBR guys had just competed in Iron Cowboy the night before.

Anybody noticed that all the guys that jumped ship and headed to the ERA are all in the PRCA standings this year? I understand the frustrations on both sides, but the PRCA was worse than Illinois at picking a leader there for a while. That's where the "screw the contractor"(or the house in the case of favorable Vegas odds) mentality came from that resulted in the calf roping scam. Everybody gets rich except the cowboys......That's one of the thoughts that goes through these young men's heads, mainly because they've been hearing it for years.
Things have changed. IMHO, things were better when the tie down calves were chest high to Brent Lewis. You had to be talented, AND a stud to be a calf roper. I consider myself pretty lucky to have had the chance to spend time and rope(no, I was never in the same league, just the same truck) with some of that old guard. Guys like Bob Harris (who can tie calves like you wouldn't believe a not real skinny guy could), Troy Pruitt, Grady Lockhart, Todd Suhn, Ronny Hyde (our daughter is named Ronni) and especially my old friend that I miss dearly...Brian Fulton.
I guess it's exciting to see fast runs for some people, but if the NFR moved to Cheyenne and all 10 were fresh fatties, I'd be a happy feller.

Latest posts