That explains alot...........

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
I was talking with my mother in law this past weekend at great length, and she explained that she and so many of her friends just loved watching several TV shows, including Jerry Springer, several reality shows, as well as these court room shows.
What they all have in common is that they usually highlight the idiots of our society, and as Americans, most of us know this.
BUT the thing is........
My mum in law lives in Australia, and no one is there to explain to them that this is NOT real America and not every American is this way, merely a small unfortunate portion of us. And explaining this fact to mum in law cerainly will not change the fact for the rest,(even if she does talk to half the world's population!)as it seems that Jerry Springer is syndicated world wide, and is quite a hit the world over.

I asked if they get such shows as Seventh Heaven, or other family shows, and I am sure you all know the answer to that.

I don't have to wonder why we no longer get respect. :cry:

tell her a lot of those on springer are actors & others are paid to act that way, they had a piece on that on the internet a week ago

Unfortunately that's the truth. I do a lot of international travel around the Globe prfessionally, and yes, you bet, every country I go there are all the shows on TV presenting the lunatic fringe of society. Springer, Judge Judi et all. And yes the World does belive in large parts that this is how Americans truly are. Blame it on multi national American TV to give America a bad name and make it the laughing stock of the world. Its a crying shame.
I often feel sorry for my many friends in America each one as hard working and decent as the other but they seem not to make for a good TV show, sad very sad.
Cheers and Hello to all my American Friends :cboy:
Swiss Cowboy

Swiss Cowboy":9x4y8vac said:
Cheers and Hello to all my American Friends :cboy:
Swiss Cowboy

Welcome to the boards!! Seems you have a good head on your shoulders. Your company will be a pleasure :cboy:

And to all the good canuks out there, I hope you don't think we are all bad :oops:
Certherfbeef

Nah, certherf... certainly can't blame people for having the strength to stand up for their convictions...right or wrong is sometimes a matter of perspective and experience.

If the BSE shoe had been on the other foot, so to speak, it's unlikely that the Can govt would have reacted much differently, IMO. Hopefully that day never comes for the US beef industry, but should it, one can also hope the Can govt would not react in a knee-jerk fashion.

Swiss Cowboy - welcome aboard fellow British Columbian! Hope you enjoy the caliber of folks that use this board as much as I do.

Take care.

Welcome aboard Swiss cowboy!
Was thinking in bed this morning......how we stop the Iraq war....broadcast Jerry Springer and friends on ALL the TV stations there 24/7, I suspect they will bow down in submition within weeks!

By the way, the discussion came up about it with mum in law only because we had been told our poor white trash neighbors down the road on there discussing their cheating ways............if they are paid for that trash, it would explain alot!

Medic24":2aj36u66 said:
...My mum in law lives in Australia...

Oh, what I would give for your blessing. Mine lives just down the road a piece. Which is still a blessing. She used to live here in our home. I cannot describe the challenges that presented during that two year time span.

Medic24":23wwp55f said:
I was talking with my mother in law this past weekend at great length, and she explained that she and so many of her friends just loved watching several TV shows, including Jerry Springer, several reality shows, as well as these court room shows.
What they all have in common is that they usually highlight the idiots of our society, and as Americans, most of us know this.
BUT the thing is........
My mum in law lives in Australia, and no one is there to explain to them that this is NOT real America and not every American is this way, merely a small unfortunate portion of us. And explaining this fact to mum in law cerainly will not change the fact for the rest,(even if she does talk to half the world's population!)as it seems that Jerry Springer is syndicated world wide, and is quite a hit the world over.

I asked if they get such shows as Seventh Heaven, or other family shows, and I am sure you all know the answer to that.

I don't have to wonder why we no longer get respect. :cry:

Agree. Seems that the worst of society seems to get the most attention around the world.

Thank you all for welcoming me here. I feel right at home already.
About the comment to stop the war on Iraq maybe they would not bow down but rather laugh them self to death. But I will refrein from politics as it only causes to much grif. People are People everywhere and Governments are something else all together more like alians. ;-)
I am glad to see that there others here from Canada too, hey we are all sitting in the same boat as farmers and ranchers.

Swiss Cowboy :cboy:

Latest posts