Thanksgiving

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Yummy yum yum! Whats ya'll plans Thanksgiving traditions?! I :heart: turkey! I :heart: pie! I :heart: all the fixings! Wooohooo! For a lil skinny I can out eat anybody! :p :banana:

Other than feeding a pile of food we really don't have any traditional food. It varies from turkey to prime rib.

Headed to Denver to my son's house to have dinner with my two youngest boys and hopefully by then my newest grandaughter. :) :) :) :)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: TURKEY TURKEY MORE TURKEY! EAT SLEEP AND DO IT AGAIN! :D WOW WEE! What a very happy day! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: TURKEY TURKEY TURKEY! I wanta go feed the homeless some TURKEY and all the fixings! I :heart: "homies" aka homeless! Sounds kinda funny, but they are some good people are there. They are really appreciated of very small things. Its sad, but most I have met are happy with nothing. I wish I could be more like that. Maybe its more that just deal with it. Idk. My friend Sammy he a good fellow he is homeless, he lives in a tent, works, and just chills. I :heart: Sam! I wish he would adopted me as his g-daughter! I wanta do some kinda homeless drive. I should do like "Shell's Mookiss's cows for the homeless drive" or something something! I don't know I haven't put much thought in to it. Any "Idears" Ya'll wanta help!?
~Super Barbie

I normally do some type charity type thing each year Thanksgiving but this year I'm going to have to pass. How many homeless are you looking to feed? If its a bunch, I'd suggest cooking a big pot of Brunswick Stew aka hog head stew. Its delicious, nutritious and economical.

Our Thanksgiving is next weekend. I am having the whole family over and will be serving standing rib roast (prime rib) with all the trimmings. Double baked potatoes, Yorkshire pudding ,which btw I have finally mastered :banana: , steamed broccoli, green beans ,Taber corn on the cob , homemade buns (need help on that will be posting a thread for fail safe recipes) CKC's famous horseradish and dutch apple pie for dessert. :D

Hoping to get the kids to take turns on the old fashioned ice cream maker so we can have homemade ice cream too. Supposed to be nice next weekend in the high 60's low 70's .

happy_thanksgiving-1983.gif

Its gonna be different this year. Won't be eating with the folks I have spent the last 32 years with.

Not even sure what I'll eat, but its gonna be good and there will absolutely be cranberry salad, dressing, pecan pie, and some turkey. May have to eat it all!

You all ever think about breaking tradition, doing something totally different for the holidays? I got that feeling, but not sure what it means-

GMN

GMN":3e8nkkd0 said:
You all ever think about breaking tradition, doing something totally different for the holidays? I got that feeling, but not sure what it means-

GMN

Yep, I went to Cancun one time and my mother was mad for a year.