Thanks

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
A big THANK YOU to all of you that have welcomed me back. It's great to be back.

I had a great time in the Southern States of America, I first went to Disney World in Florida and met up with my Husbands brother and his wife and we all had a great time.

We then went down to Louisiana and met more family and had an equally good time, and travelled to Mississippi for a day to look at the old Plantation houses, some of them were huge. Unbeknownance to us we went on National Tourist Day, which made it much more interesting, and the State Line information centres had foods from the different cultures, spread out so you could taste them. Sorry I did not like Crawdaddies, they tasted to me like Scampi and I don't like that either. I liked Catfish though, and the fried chicken and Gumbo.
When we went to New Orleans and saw some of the devistation that Katrina made it was awful, and what the people had done to the Superbowl was werse, it was like a ghost town not a soul around and no shops open, I hope it picks up again. Two of our family has a cattle farm and we went there for dinner and one of the cousins is a Law Inforcement Officer, and he let us have a shot out at some targets which was fun, as we don't have guns here in England.

All in all our trip was good, the weather was fantastic, and then we came back to rainy dreary old England and boy is it cold. BUT its HOME, and as they say there is no place like home.

Welcome back,chrisy. Glad you had a good time. I noticed you were gone and wondered about it. Then I remembered you had mentioned traveling to the states so I wasn't too worried. Knew you'd be back eventually.

cowgirl580+":2nz8akkt said:
glad to hear you had a good time. did you take pics? good to have you back. :D

yes we took two card loads of pic's the digital camera has a card of 124 and 250 and both filled, and five video discs full, enough I think, my Husband loves taking pictures of about everything.

chrisy":211wiwg9 said:
cowgirl580+":211wiwg9 said:
glad to hear you had a good time. did you take pics? good to have you back. :D

yes we took two card loads of pic's the digital camera has a card of 124 and 250 and both filled, and five video discs full, enough I think, my Husband loves taking pictures of about everything.

that's what they are for. :lol: memories.

Heritage_Farmboy":d9yaz2sb said:
no guns in England?

What I meant is we don't carry guns about with us, there are very strick laws on firearms here, you can have a shot gun if you own a farm to shot the vermin, not human trespassers though, and you can have them if you belong to a gun club and the Police come around to the house every so often to see where you are keeping them locked up and the bullets have to be kept in a locked safe. I am not sure if you are allowed to have a pistal or if that is stricktly to the gun clubs, the Country set have a shoot meet, where they shoot Grouse, and on private land they have, hunts but it is strickly gaurded by the police, and it is illegal to own a firearm without belonging to a gun club. If you are below the age of 18 years old you have to have one of your parents with you to belong to any firearms club.

Chrisy,
You neglected to tell everyone about your visit here to the Great State of Tennessee.Was there a problem with our Hospitality, here at Crowder Farms? :shock:

I'd have a problem if a police came to my house and wanted to see all of my guns...thats why we gotta get rid of the democrats and liberals here in the US :)

Gosh, my now 21 year old son has purchased guns for years. His 1st gun was a Ruger 10/22 that we purchased when he was only 9 years old. He saved his grass cutting money part of the summer and we made the purchase. Heck, I would rather see him buy a gun than to buy a video game or one of those stupid boom boxes.

Chrisy by chance did you tour the old homes in Natchez, Ms. if you did you were only about 35 miles from our farm.

lcupit":31cjwq5o said:
Chrisy by chance did you tour the old homes in Natchez, Ms. if you did you were only about 35 miles from our farm.

Natchez is exactly where I went, it is such a lovely place.
The US is so clean compared to England, the streets here are all messy with litter, chewing gum and trash blowing about, the people we have here now don't seem to care anymore.

Crowder I wish I could have come out your way, but time just run away with us.

Welcome back Chrisy! The blonde jokes just dont go over as well without a blonde to offend. :) Glad you had a good time. Love to see some of your pictures. :)

Nice to see you back Chrisy, we were also away, took a 'little' drive down to Texas to see some cattle and meet some forum members.
As I recall, all handguns were banned in the U.K. several years ago after a school shooting incident. Shotguns and rifles may be owned with the restrictions you mentioned.
Have a good day, Andy.