Thank You

Help Support CattleToday:

somn

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank all of the veterans who have given their time and in some cases their lives so I can celebrate the 4th as a free man with my friends and family. Those fireworks at dusk meen more to me than pretty lights and loud noises I somewhat can understand the true cost of freedom but not nearly as clearly as you veterans do. Again thank you.

somn":8849akux said:
I just wanted to thank all of the veterans who have given their time and in some cases their lives so I can celebrate the 4th as a free man with my friends and family. Those fireworks at dusk meen more to me than pretty lights and loud noises I somewhat can understand the true cost of freedom but not nearly as clearly as you veterans do. Again thank you.

Somn that was a great post.
And as a vetran I can say I am very proud to have had the privilage to serve the greatest nation on the earth.
I never fail to think all veterans who made it possible that we have the freedom we do have.
I also thank all americans who never served but stayed behind and kept this country a great country to come home to.

I am very much american.
I still get that special feeling when I see Ol Glory waving and here the Star Spangled Banner playing.

Cal

When the jet that brought me home from Viet Nam landed at Travis Air Force Base, I hit the ground on my knees and kissed the asphalt. I have never had the desire to leave American soil again. Even with all her faults, There is NO PLACE BETTER ON EARTH. Have a great day. Tom :cboy:

I appreciate all the sacrifice and effort!!! I love this country. :heart:

Thank you to all that served/still serve and especially the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice.

casualties KIA
Revolutionary War 10,623 4,435
War of 1812 6,765 2,260
Mexican-American War 17,435 1,733
Spanish-American War 4,108 385
World War I 320,710 53,513
World War II 1,078,162 292,131
Korean War 136,935 33,651
Vietnam War 211,471 47,369
Gulf War 760 148

Walt

You know, speaking for both my husband and myself, it is nice to see that people remember veterans on holidays such as this.

I got off easy. Two tours with the Navy off the coast of Iraq. We defended our ship against speed boats trying to blow us up, transported prisoners, searched suspect smuggling ships for terrorists or weapons, defended Iraqi oil platforms, and, thank God, the Iraqis had really bad aim with their Scuds at the beginning of the war because we were sitting ducks right off their coast. I was lucky. When I received my honorable discharge after nine years, my only issues were a bad hip and chemical burns on my hands (I was an engineering officer on my last ship and, well, you do what you have to to keep her moving through the water). I didn't put in any claims to the VA. They have much more serious injuries to worry about. I thank God for the guys on the ground in Iraq. They had it much worse than either my husband or I. And some of them are on their fourth tours right now. God bless them and please continue to support them.

We are making progress and the Iraqis are slowly stepping up to the plate. I worked with Iraqi sailors that were outstanding and took excellent care of their ships. The Iraqis do keep trying despite suffering devastating losses to their ranks and their own families. There is hope for them to stand on their own.

Thank God for the veterans that came before us and showed us what it means to fight for our country. They set the standard.