Texas rain

Help Support CattleToday:

yes an we are so thankful for the rain.an as said maybe some will fill the pools some.but we are still in a bad drought.this rain will get the rye grass growing good.

over three inches last week and now it looks like near that much this spell. Sure should make the winter grasses come on strong.

Got home late last night from Farm Bureau convention in Corpus Christi and had 3.5 inches in gage that was not there when I left Saturday. Drove through that mist that Novatech mentioned most of the way from Corpus to Canton.

novatech":3gugdrwi said:
All we got was a cold nasty mist all day.
Yeah........but we got 1 1/2 Saturday and Sunday........would have been nice to get some of the rain the Austin/Taylor area got Sunday night in order to get to tank water accumulated..(Rained real good for hours)...Not going to knock what we did get.

I got 2.8" over the last couple of days here near Tyler and my stock ponds are still only about half full.

We ended up with 3.6" and we still have some cracks in the ground. There was a little runoff in the ponds but they are not up to half.

slick4591":30no5p0g said:
We ended up with 3.6" and we still have some cracks in the ground. There was a little runoff in the ponds but they are not up to half.

I actually have water standing in one of the bottom pasture's pulled the plugs on the drains after the last rain.
One stock tank full two 3/4 full and the big one is about half full.

Latest posts