Texas Longhorns are Champs!

Help Support CattleToday:

Much better to know that Ohio State got beat by the National Champs. Good game Longhorns.

I love the fact that all those Hollywood celebrity USC fans had already all but given USC their 3rd national championship. I wonder if they got whiplash when that bandwagon hit a burnt orange brick wall?

Hook'em Horns

bullred":2hmazre7 said:
I love the fact that all those Hollywood celebrity USC fans had already all but given USC their 3rd national championship. I wonder if they got whiplash when that bandwagon hit a burnt orange brick wall?

Hook'em Horns

Congrats to all the horn's fans!!!
Vince put on a show for the ages, and he did it against the glamor boys. Great job.

Oh, and by the way USC wouldn't have one 3 in a row, the crystal football for the real national champ in 2003 is in Baton Rouge.

I knew when the USC band did that "Michael Jackson grab their crotch thing" that God would be on Texas' side!

Both teams played extremely well. I do have a problem with the referees in the game, who were obviously favoring TU. There were lots of penalties I saw that were never called against the Longhorns, and lots that were BS calls against USC. It may just be me, but something definately didnt seem right about them. Those refs either had no experience, or were favoring the Longhorns. I can think of 2 plays right now that could have changed the outcome of the game if the refs made the right calls. When Young tossed the ball after he was on the ground, then again when USC had the ball on 4th down and ran it out of bounds, just short of the 1st down, then one of the Longhorns defense shoved him long after he was out of bounds.

The game really didnt matter to me, since my team was out a long time ago (Aggies, of course). The only reason I was rooting for USC is because I cant stand Vince Young. I have never seen any athlete of any sport as cocky and self centered as he is. He went to Madison HS here in Houston (not far from me) and I knew people who went to school with him. He is a tremendous athlete, played football, basketball, and track and was the best at all of them, but he will do anything to make himself look better. One of his old high school teammates said that Young would rather run for 5 yds than pass for 20 just so he would get the yards. Something about him just really turns me away. Not his game, he is easily one of the best QBs around, but his personality.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":3050w0np said:
Both teams played extremely well. I do have a problem with the referees in the game, who were obviously favoring TU. There were lots of penalties I saw that were never called against the Longhorns, and lots that were BS calls against USC. It may just be me, but something definately didnt seem right about them. Those refs either had no experience, or were favoring the Longhorns. I can think of 2 plays right now that could have changed the outcome of the game if the refs made the right calls. When Young tossed the ball after he was on the ground, then again when USC had the ball on 4th down and ran it out of bounds, just short of the 1st down, then one of the Longhorns defense shoved him long after he was out of bounds.

The game really didnt matter to me, since my team was out a long time ago (Aggies, of course). The only reason I was rooting for USC is because I cant stand Vince Young. I have never seen any athlete of any sport as cocky and self centered as he is. He went to Madison HS here in Houston (not far from me) and I knew people who went to school with him. He is a tremendous athlete, played football, basketball, and track and was the best at all of them, but he will do anything to make himself look better. One of his old high school teammates said that Young would rather run for 5 yds than pass for 20 just so he would get the yards. Something about him just really turns me away. Not his game, he is easily one of the best QBs around, but his personality.

Spoken like a true Aggie! Would rather root for a California team than the Longhorns. I'm not a UT Alum either, but I am a Texan!

By the way, I know quite a few Aggies that were rooting on the Longhorns because of something called State Pride.

CJ

One of his old high school teammates said that Young would rather run for 5 yds than pass for 20 just so he would get the yards. Something about him just really turns me away.

Last I looked on QB stats the Quarterback gets yards for passing also. So if he passed for 20 yards instead of running 5 yards he would get an extra 15 yards on his statistics.

Me I am originally from OK and a Oklahoma State Cowboy fan, now I live in Kansas and after OSU I am a Kansas State Fan. Not a Texas football fan by any means. But when it comes to rooting for a get your hands dirty, agriculture producing, Red state or a hippy, gay marriage, blue state I am Texas all the way!

Amen to ya aplusmnt.From New Mexico but a huge Longhorns fan.I watched the game and don't think it was an unfair game.By the way Lucky Us is a Aggies fan and can say the same thing about a fair game.

TxCoUnTrYbOy,

Vince Young will likely go pro, and wind up being the Texans #1 draft pick, so Houston will continue to see more of him. Show boat or not, he's a great athlete.

On the subject of pulling for teams. I pull no punches. LSU is in the SEC, and when we play SEC games, we want to win everyone. But make no mistake, if the SEC (or any southern school) is representing our part of the country, I will definitely pull for them.

Just last summer we vacationed in Austin. I was definitely want the horns to kick the hollywood boys butt. I would have easily have pulled for A&M, Oklahoma, or any other southern school. Ofcourse, that is unless they are playing my tigers.

This Auburn Tiger was pullin' hard for Texas! I love the state of Texas and being from the South I pull for a Southern school when they play schools from other regions. And how about Lienart (sp?) saying after the game that USC was still the better team? Real good sport, huh? Way to go 'Horns!!!!

J. T.":3fsxhskm said:
This Auburn Tiger was pullin' hard for Texas! I love the state of Texas and being from the South I pull for a Southern school when they play schools from other regions. And how about Lienart (sp?) saying after the game that USC was still the better team? Real good sport, huh? Way to go 'Horns!!!!

J.T. I agree with you about Lienart. I think that USC was a good football team, but nowhere near as good as (the media) some people claimed. They won 1 real national championship, and every year they only play a couple of hard games. Put em in the SEC and see how long they survive.

Latest posts