Texas deer season opening soon

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
The law states it is illegal to knowingly harass a hunter. For 50 years I have either walked or rode my property fences several times a week. I now have a new neighbor that has a stand and feeder On his 10 acres close to the property line. He gets upset when I patrol my fence line and shouts cuss words and calls me names, even to the point of threading to shoot me. The Sheriff says it is his word against mind so their is no proof of his threats. I guess the proper thing to do would to stop what I have done for 50 years for the next two months and call him the winner. But it sure does irk me to do so. I am not knowingly harnessing him ,just doing what I have always done. It sure does make you draw up when a high power rifle is shot into a tree close to you behind your back. :frowns:

I take used cat litter and spread it along the property lines where I have problems. Seems to work even better than the hair from the beauty salon. You might be wise to video your trips by his property. But I dang sure wouldn't stop doing anything I wanted to on my property. I have my name and number on all my posted signs, because I really would get upset if someone was on my property looking for a wounded deer, supposedly. Call me and your more than welcome to come and look, I'll even help. We start gun hunting here on the 22nd of this month.

I've got a neighbor, that owns considerably less than 10 acres. He has a 2 man ladder stand on a tree, the fence is nailed to. Harassing him is one of the simple pleasures in life for me. Don't believe I could stop even if the law showed up at my door.

cowboy43":1m7kwc3t said:
The law states it is illegal to knowingly harass a hunter. For 50 years I have either walked or rode my property fences several times a week. I now have a new neighbor that has a stand and feeder On his 10 acres close to the property line. He gets upset when I patrol my fence line and shouts cuss words and calls me names, even to the point of threading to shoot me. The Sheriff says it is his word against mind so their is no proof of his threats. I guess the proper thing to do would to stop what I have done for 50 years for the next two months and call him the winner. But it sure does irk me to do so. I am not knowingly harnessing him ,just doing what I have always done. It sure does make you draw up when a high power rifle is shot into a tree close to you behind your back. :frowns:
He violates the law if his bullet crosses the property line secondly contact the game warden if I remember the law correctly he has to have 50 acres or more to hunt with a rifle or the adjourned land owners consent.