Termite Control Products

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know of any of the over the counter products that will do you much good. Best I can tell you is that all the best products are locked down and only available from an exterminator. They basically have to put down a barrier between the termites and the structure, then maintain it.

Slick do you think its only available to exterminators or just people with applicators license because i have applicators license

Gotcha... No problem I may ask my local farm store that I buy chemicals from. Do you think those products you put in the ground work?

No one can get the stuff that worked anymore! I used to use the old fashion Malathon and the old school diazinon. One killed winged insects and the other killed everything else. No one can get those products in the same formula they used to come in.

A man who is in the business of foundations told me to place galvanized metal between the ground and any wood products. I have been using galvanized flashing ever since. Just nail or screw it to the bottom of anything I put down. I have only been doing that for about 10 years so I cannot tell you if it is valid or not. Cheap application tho and it seems to make things last longer if nothing else.

skyhightree1":180grqqe said:
Gotcha... No problem I may ask my local farm store that I buy chemicals from. Do you think those products you put in the ground work?

Best I can tell you is that our house at the farm was infested about 15 years ago when my brother moved in. He had exterminators out and they saturated the ground with whatever they used back then. It stopped them dead in their tracks and he's kept ground spikes out since then and has had no more problems.

I think they took chlordane off the market back in the 80's.

I have used Termite and Carpenter Ant control as a spray from Tractor Supply which seemed to work fine.

And Fire Ant Granules around the buildings for both termites and fire ants.
Pete

gotcha what I also wanted to do that would drive green people crazy is mix oil and diesel and borax acid and spray it on the outside of the building but not sure thats a good idea.

My dad always used old drain oil of wooden fences, posts, barns and sheds.
It made them water proof and kept all insects from eating on them.
He also used drain oil on dirt floors to keep rubber tires from dry rotting.
Pete

I sold a home that had some termites started underneath the house. The guy who came out and did the home inspection was kind enough to tell me how to go about fixing everything he found myself to his standards to save me some money and he told me that if I crawled under there and doused everything down with beneficial nemetodes it would be cheaper and more effective than anything an exterminator would have.
I have no idea if it worked long term as I sold the place but it worked well enough to get the home sold. I do know that they'll knock ant populations down to near nothing and keep them there as I've used them in an orchard with a problem before.

iowafarmer":1z8i5voy said:
Warrior is an insecticide. Mix it in a spray tank. Spray it on. I don't know if it is labelled for termites though.
It kills cut worms good, might work on their cousin the termite. :lol2:

Grey thanks for that link I am willing to try anything and see if it works. I don't have termites yet that i know of just want to prevent them

It may not grow that far north--it's a hot weather late developing grass. Do some research before ya buy any--it ain't cheap.

Latest posts