Tent Catapillars

Help Support CattleToday:

Holmesfarm

Reaction score
Is anyone else have troubles with tent catapillars? We have them bad. I have been spraying apple trees and my current bushes have been striped clean of all leaves.Will the berries still ripen.I am not sure I want to spray my garden ,flowers OK but vegs? So I sprayed the ground all the way around the garden. You can see in the mountains large sections of trees eaten. I hope they turn into moths soon....

What did you spray with? Is your garden on the farm or in a city? Reason I ask, my answer won't work in the city, to many poisons being sprayed. Texas is along way from Cenral NY. But should work the same. I had a web worm problem but no more. I quit trying to fight them and helped nature along. Wasps love web worms, as well as assassin bugs. There may be others, but these are the two I see working in my pecan trees. Just rip the web open so the wasps ect can get in there. If you like to spray, try BT. Gets the worms and leaves the others alone. After a couple of years your web worm problem should decrease.

Latest posts