Tennesee slaughter Plant

Help Support CattleToday:

The real story is that the owners and managers of the plant will likely be going to jail for tax evasion. This all came out of an IRS investigation into large amounts of cash being withdrawn from the bank. I am told the plant was slaughtering 300-350 per day. And Greybeard, I must respectfully disagree, I live in this area and these are jobs that local citizens will not take.

For example, I know another, another plant in this area (that will not hire undocumented workers) that advertised for 5 openings. They had over 200 applications and out of the 200, only 2 passed the drug test. Also, the Koch brothers own a chicken processing plant here and they are notorious for hiring undocumented workers and turning a blind eye so they can make a profit.

Heres a full breakdown of the raid.

http://www.citizentribune.com/news/loca ... 55a00.html

sstterry":1ku8jlse said:
HDRider":1ku8jlse said:
I used to live in Bean Station, on Cherokee lake. Beautiful place. Worked in Morristown at Jeffrey Chain.

HD, why did you leave God's country?
I have lived a lot of places, and East TN might be my favorite. My wife liked Quincy IL a lot.

This is home, and this is where I belong.

HDRider":1kwin659 said:
sstterry":1kwin659 said:
HDRider":1kwin659 said:
I used to live in Bean Station, on Cherokee lake. Beautiful place. Worked in Morristown at Jeffrey Chain.

HD, why did you leave God's country?
I have lived a lot of places, and East TN might be my favorite. My wife liked Quincy IL a lot.

This is home, and this is where I belong.
Fair enough, but you are welcome back at any time :)

I'll break rocks by myself before I'll hire anyone that's not a legal us citizen. I've proven it many times.I know I'm just a little bitty. But we've always found away.
To say it's work Americans won't do is BS. They'll do it. They might not want to.

1. They just need to have to.
2. Eliminate the cheap illegal labor. And labor won't be so cheap. Business will have to make its cuts off of whiter collars.

As stated above, there is no workforce there for those jobs. There is a large area of tomato farms surrounding that area and almost every,bit of the labor are immigrants.
It seems that the cash and tax evasion is the bigger problem than the illegals.

kenny thomas":3b4tghly said:
As stated above, there is no workforce there for those jobs. There is a large area of tomato farms surrounding that area and almost every,bit of the labor are immigrants.
It seems that the cash and tax evasion is the bigger problem than the illegals.
And don't forget the Bush's beans.

I personally don't hire them because I would be a helluva hypocrite if I did. It would certainly make my life easier. But easy isn't always the best way.

Besides... apparently there's a man going round taking names.

callmefence":99yck9ot said:
I personally don't hire them because I would be a helluva hypocrite if I did. It would certainly make my life easier. But easy isn't always the best way.

I don't hire them either but lots do.
The cash withdrawals and the tax issue was what led them to raid them, not the illegals. That part just made the headlines. I bet in the same county there are 1,000 or more illegals and most of the 97 they picked up will be back in a couple months.

callmefence":zfal11t3 said:

And I respect your position and scruples. But, in this area, we have always had a high Hispanic population. It has been that way for over 50 years, and I do know that the locals in this area will not do most of the jobs that the "undocumented" will do. It has always been that way. In this area, Meth and Opiates are a much bigger problem.

These folks are done and it sounds like jail time is in order for them. We don't need illegal immigrants in this country, we need immigrants that have been vetted and get taxed. It's bad enough that the taxpayers are on the hook supporting the deadbeats and freeloaders of the US of A, we surly don't need to support illegals. I was shocked and a little taken back to see all the white trash living off the system in that part of the country. There's a lot of government housing in east Tennessee and southwest Virginia, stop the welfare payments and food stamps people will go to work.

sstterry":23bzrrvv said:
callmefence":23bzrrvv said:

And I respect your position and scruples. But, in this area, we have always had a high Hispanic population. It has been that way for over 50 years, and I do know that the locals in this area will not do most of the jobs that the "undocumented" will do. It has always been that way. In this area, Meth and Opiates are a much bigger problem.
I go to the flea market next to I81 a lot and it is like little Mexico and the mall on Friday and Saturday evening is like mostly Mexicans. They seem good I just wish the ones that will work could gets thing straighten out legally.

jltrent":27njcfto said:
sstterry":27njcfto said:
callmefence":27njcfto said:

I go to the flea market next to I81 a lot and it is like little Mexico and the mall on Friday and Saturday evening is like mostly Mexicans. They seem good I just wish the ones that will work could gets thing straighten out legally.

I agree, but many of them are afraid to try and become legal. Particularly right now. The next time you are down this way, you should swing back through Bulls Gap and visit Yoder's Market. We have people that come from miles around come just to shop there.

sstterry":3c2ibl4s said:
jltrent":3c2ibl4s said:
sstterry":3c2ibl4s said:

I agree, but many of them are afraid too. Particularly right now. The next time you are down this way, you should swing back through Bulls Gap and visit Yoder's Market. We have people that come from miles around come just to shop there.
I am up that way some, I will try to stop. Thanks

If a business model requires labor that is not on the ''books'' to survive. I have no sympathy. A labor force that will turn its head to safety regulations, is not a good thing for food safety. Legal labor is almost always available but you have to pay the going rate. A profit is never guaranteed for a business.

sstterry":2vxetwfc said:
callmefence":2vxetwfc said:

I respect your position as well.
I'm in South Central Texas . We've got a few Mexicans as well.
Drugs. I know a little about that as well.
So on the situation in your area...the locals won't work. All on drugs.. do let's get the wets to work for them. That's a he// of a plan. If I was going raise a family there I'd want that mess straightened out. "You gotta break some eggs".

Smile inserted...

Latest posts