Temple Grandin

Help Support CattleToday:

creativecattle

Reaction score
Temple is a pretty amazing lady. I love some of her quotes in this video like "I was really weird and no one wanted to talk to me, but when I showed them my drawings I got respect," Temple Grandin and the importance she puts on us telling agriculture's story to the consumer.

[youtube]HQkbokVuNL8[/youtube]

lavacarancher":27nlxvan said:
She is absolutely amazing. I assume everyone has seen the movie?
I have it on order for British dvd, I have her books on animal handling and autism (I have 2 autistic/cp children), her perception of livestock handling and her explaination of how autistics percieve their environment, are amazing.
Our on farm abattoir was designed by Temple, we have a reputation for calm handling of stock and high welfare standards for our area.

Never watched the movie I never knew about her till a few months ago when it was anounced at a local cattle meeting she would be a guest speaker at our next meeting this year, I then researched her on you tube and have discovered what an amazing accomplished lady she is and I am looking forward to seeing her in person.

I read a internet story on her a few weeks ago, how she is going to use her status to go against farmers who have what she thinks are too skinny and malnourished cows-

GMN":2kjn5ktl said:
I read a internet story on her a few weeks ago, how she is going to use her status to go against farmers who have what she thinks are too skinny and malnourished cows-
well aleast she is giving a heads up,, most wait till they reach full celebritry status before they unleash their agendas...

Who knows maybe she could use her Celebrity status to restablish some kind of acceptable horse kill facility in the US so that we can stop tripping over dead horse carcasses in the national forrest.

Maybe we could get lucky and she could take Willie Nelson and the Hollywood animal rights mafia on and get some reality back into America.

..............just a wishin

creativecattle":1o3tfy00 said:
To you have a link to this story?

http://www.mfa-inc.com/web/guest/SoftVoiceMar09

This is not the story I read, but it does refer to some of the same ideas she is trying to push forward, my concern here is that when someone famous makes broad statements about dairy farms, that people who don't know any better will jump on the band wagon, and it will make us look bad when we don't deserve it.

3waycross":18bbreau said:
Who knows maybe she could use her Celebrity status to restablish some kind of acceptable horse kill facility in the US so that we can stop tripping over dead horse carcasses in the national forrest.

Maybe we could get lucky and she could take Willie Nelson and the Hollywood animal rights mafia on and get some reality back into America...............just a wishin
yeah the more i know willie, the less i want to

I am not a peta person, but during my lifetime I have seen so called ranchers that starve their cattle to death during winter, i know one that let 20 cows die during the winter because he said hay and feed was too high , and he is worth millions. At a neighbors I watched a cow lay and die beside the road for over a week because no one was feeding the cows, sheriff dept was called did not respond. So I can see where she is coming from in situations like this. On Animal Cops Houston what people do to horses and cows is uncomprehendable, I would think if you are a good stewart of the land and a good rancher you will not be threatened by her.

GMN":v3p9fvoo said:
creativecattle":v3p9fvoo said:
To you have a link to this story?

http://www.mfa-inc.com/web/guest/SoftVoiceMar09

This is not the story I read, but it does refer to some of the same ideas she is trying to push forward, my concern here is that when someone famous makes broad statements about dairy farms, that people who don't know any better will jump on the band wagon, and it will make us look bad when we don't deserve it.
the way i read it,, she sounds more like she has our intrest in mind

cowboy43":311jx59m said:
I am not a peta person, but during my lifetime I have seen so called ranchers that starve their cattle to death during winter, i know one that let 20 cows die during the winter because he said hay and feed was too high , and he is worth millions. At a neighbors I watched a cow lay and die beside the road for over a week because no one was feeding the cows, sheriff dept was called did not respond. So I can see where she is coming from in situations like this. On Animal Cops Houston what people do to horses and cows is uncomprehendable, I would think if you are a good stewart of the land and a good rancher you will not be threatened by her.

I don't disagree with you. We had a similar case here last winter only the numbers were about 10 times higher. They seized his cattle and he is facing a lifetime of lawyers now.

cowboy43":ife3tfwm said:

I am not threatened by what she says, but as an example you pointed out the bad that ranchers do with their cows,this is what most people will remember and focus on, fanatics use this kind of stuff, maybe that 1 person was cruel to their cows, and categorize everyone in the dairy business as the same way- when there is alot of good people in this business, who care for their animals.

Classic example is the Prop B bill that just passed in MO-a load of crock, pushed thru by fanatics with money to burn, and money to bribe.

GMN

Latest posts