Temperature

Help Support CattleToday:

We've had some cool mornings in the 50's and I nearly switched to a felt hat, but the days have been in the 90's

TexasBred":33bg0i5x said:
sim.-ang.king":33bg0i5x said:
I checked my temp and it was 98.9 F. Do you think I should go to the ER? :lol:
Ahhhh you'll be fine. It was probably a used rectal thermometer and you forgot to shake it down. :mrgreen:
Thought it smelled funky. :eek:

slick4591":2t8f6w0a said:
bigbull338":2t8f6w0a said:
our lows are bouncing in the 60s an 70s.the highs are 80s to upper 90s.

Ditto since we are not that far apart.

Same here, tho most days still seem to be in the mid 90s.
Only noticed a very few 60 deg nights. Normal E Texas late Sept weather.

inyati13":3iep99ef said:
skyhightree1":3iep99ef said:
I have been waiting for the cattle winter coats to start puffing up but I haven't noticed it yet. I do however have a calf who appears to have his winter coat on already and he was born about a month ago.

Sky, I have been seeing the winter coats coming on for about 3 weeks. I comb my cattle in the pasture and I noticed the PB simmental has about 2 inches of coat now.

I wonder when my cattle winter coat will start cause its getting cold enough to already be on there.

Our cattle are getting winter growth already. One June bull calf has a good two inches already! The new calves born have a bunch of hair also. Our weather is very close to Dun's.

70-73 all day today....still 10 degrees above average.

Got an inch and 6/10ths rain over night..... :banana:

skyhightree1":111xr351 said:
inyati13":111xr351 said:
skyhightree1":111xr351 said:
I have been waiting for the cattle winter coats to start puffing up but I haven't noticed it yet. I do however have a calf who appears to have his winter coat on already and he was born about a month ago.

Sky, I have been seeing the winter coats coming on for about 3 weeks. I comb my cattle in the pasture and I noticed the PB simmental has about 2 inches of coat now.

I wonder when my cattle winter coat will start cause its getting cold enough to already be on there.

Weatherman forecasting warmer temps. this coming week.

fitz

fitz":2p97w0yk said:
[
Weatherman forecasting warmer temps. this coming week.

fitz

fitz I saw this is the only time I can ever remember .. NO RAIN during the time the state fair is here.

Latest posts