tell your age by a horse

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
setting on my front porch looking at my old calf horse yesterday evening,, i got to thinking my oldest son was 6 months old when i got him... he's now the same the same age as i was when the horse was foaled,,,well thats when i had to quit thinking about that.... and think of something else :cowboy:

Know what you mean Ala., I've got an old gelding that still has more heart than anything else on the place. I don't ride him near as often, but still take him out for a good run now and again.

:nod: I'm only thirty-two, but:
My dad had an old mare that he bred to a paint stud in hopes of having a big paint gelding. That old mare laid down and dropped a bay filly with four socks and a small handbell shaped spot on her butt... it was my twelvth birthday.
He was so mad that he didn't get the paint stud-colt he'd wanted that he gave her to me. I trained her and used her at the pack station leading mules and later at the ranch and she excelled at everything I ever asked her to do. I finally sold her(at that time nobody else had ever been on her) to a group that teaches disabled kids about horses since I was at a place in life where a horse was a burden.
Now I'm buying a ranch in brush country and I told my wife I'd kill to get that mare back... She was the queen of tough country.
My wife made the innoccent mistake of asking how old she would be now and now I feel old. :cry2:

thanks ya'll... he was a good solid using horse, one you could ride out with confidence... moved a saddle around yesterday, and his blanket must have feel off on the ground last night my dog had it chewed up pretty good this morning... glad i didnt have my gun :mad:

Latest posts