Telemarketer

Help Support CattleToday:

cherokeeruby

Reaction score
The phone rang as I was sitting down to my anticipated evening meal, and as I answered it I was greeted with " is this William Wagenhoss" not sounding anything like my name, so I said who is calling?

The telemarketer said he was with The Rubber band Powered Freezer company or something like that and then I asked him if he knew Wilhiam personally and why was he calling this number. I then said, off to the side, "get really good pictures of the body and all the blood" then turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he had entered a murder scene and must stay on the line because we had already traced this call and he would be receiving a summons to appear in the local courthouse to testify in this murder case.

I then questioned the caller at great length as to his name; address, phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew the dead guy and could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this call. The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shaky voice. I then told him we had located his position at his work place and the police were entering the building to take him into custody, at that point I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away. My wife asked me as I returned to our table why I had tears streaming down my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes.

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hope that brown streak running down his leg was not to slippery

That is too funny! I must remember that, much better than simply hanging up on them! :D

msscamp":1nqgsqxd said:
That is too funny! I must remember that, much better than simply hanging up on them! :D
Don't ever hang up on them. Just say "could you hang on for a min" then just let the phone sit there. It will run their phone bill up
until after all the many thousands of calls that the telemarketing co.'s make in a daythey will be redy to get out of the tele marketing business.

I have a daughter who likes to talk to them . When the phone rings at the telemarketer hour she races to the phone. She tries to keep them on as long as she can. I think her record is 30 min. or something like that. She finds out their birthday, relegion, favorite color, etc.etc. She sings to them then asks them to sing to her. :D One phone bank from Canada got where they would call to let the other telemarketers get to know her. They knew her by name and would ask how Dixie the dog was doing and her siblings etc. It is a hoot. She of course gloats that she is known far and wide. I am suprised how many of them like to talk to her. She NEVER lets them talk to her parents. It is pretty funny.

ollie":2trna6uv said:
I have a daughter who likes to talk to them . When the phone rings at the telemarketer hour she races to the phone. She tries to keep them on as long as she can. I think her record is 30 min. or something like that. She finds out their birthday, relegion, favorite color, etc.etc. She sings to them then asks them to sing to her. :D One phone bank from Canada got where they would call to let the other telemarketers get to know her. They knew her by name and would ask how Dixie the dog was doing and her siblings etc. It is a hoot. She of course gloats that she is known far and wide. I am suprised how many of them like to talk to her. She NEVER lets them talk to her parents. It is pretty funny.

ROFLMAO!!! That is too cute and absolutely hysterical!! Thank you, Ollie!! I really needed that tonight! LOL How old is your daughter? She sounds like she is just darling!

Thank you for sharing that story, it made my day! Sounds like you are a great father in addition to being a great cattleman! If you don't mind my asking, how many children do you have?

msscamp":3448k24m said:
Thank you for sharing that story, it made my day! Sounds like you are a great father in addition to being a great cattleman!
0 out of 2 aint all that bad???

ollie":216vhe3p said:
msscamp":216vhe3p said:
Thank you for sharing that story, it made my day! Sounds like you are a great father in addition to being a great cattleman!
0 out of 2 aint all that bad???

On the contrary, I'd say two out of 2 is pretty darn good!! ;-)

Latest posts