to my doom..."

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax Food License Tax,
Fuel permit tax & nbsp; Gasoline Tax(42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax Inheritance Tax
Interest expense Inventory tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax &nbs p; Medicare Tax
Property Tax &nb sp; Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes Social Security Tax
Road usage taxes Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax School Tax
State Income Tax State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge ta xes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Utility Taxes Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax Watercraft registration Tax
Well Permit Tax Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENTS: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and even with Mom staying home to raise the kids.

What happened?

I took the truck to the dealer to get a new state inspection. I slipped into the waiting room and got a cup of coffee. Then I toured the show room. They had a "SOLD" Mustang Shelby. I was looking through the specs and price. There was a "$1300 federal gas guzzler tax" added on to it. I had never heard of such. I would never buy a car, period. But, who votes in these taxes? How do these things get to be law without my knowledge?

backhoeboogie":3q880peq said:
I took the truck to the dealer to get a new state inspection. I slipped into the waiting room and got a cup of coffee. Then I toured the show room. They had a "SOLD" Mustang Shelby. I was looking through the specs and price. There was a "$1300 federal gas guzzler tax" added on to it. I had never heard of such. I would never buy a car, period. But, who votes in these taxes? How do these things get to be law without my knowledge?

It was originally passed in 1978 as part of the answer to the 1973 gas "crisis"

dun

We pay an "Ad Valorem" tax on any and all personal property of businesses here in Alabama.

For instance the computer I bought for my office years ago gets taxed every year, just like my real estate does.

I read a while back that around $0.60 of every earned dollar in the USA goes toward taxes.

When that figure gets to 100% we will be a full blown communism.

Then they'll give us back what they think we need to live on.

greedy politicians taking bribs, and payoffs from rich corporate, and special interest groups with their own self serving agendas.

Don't forget one billion dollars per week on our current "foriegn policy" - a good chunk of that going as no-bid contracts to a company once headed by this guy that shot a lawyer in the face down Texas way a while back.

Hippie Rancher":1qkp9bu4 said:
Don't forget one billion dollars per week on our current "foriegn policy" - a good chunk of that going as no-bid contracts to a company once headed by this guy that shot a lawyer in the face down Texas way a while back.

Yes, Halliburton has been doing a good job for years:

In 1997 Clinton administration awarded Halliburton a $405 million no bid deal to provide support for US troops in Bosnia. Two years later, Halliburton won the 5-year renewal of this deal, valued at $180 million.

In 1999 Clinton went to war against Serbia over Kosovo. Halliburton got a $200 million cost/plus contract to work in Kosovo. That contract, had generated nearly a billion dollars in revenues for Halliburton.

Um OK by your figures that is on the order of less than $2 billion over how many years?. Kinda looks like chicken feed in comparison.

I am sure this will get locked but.....

I am as disgusted with the Democratic "representatives" that fell for the administration's lies about Iraq as I am with them. Having said that, it is interesting how whenever anybody says anything critical about the CURRENT "leaders", (who's party controls all three branches of government BTW) their defenders ALWAYS jump back to Clinton. Man that guy sure had (has) a lot of influence eh?

Hippie Rancher":2jfjri8y said:
Um OK by your figures that is on the order of less than $2 billion over how many years?. Kinda looks like chicken feed in comparison.

I am as disgusted with the Democratic "representatives" that fell for the administration's lies about Iraq as I am with them. Having said that, it is interesting how whenever anybody says anything critical about the CURRENT "leaders", (who's party controls all three branches of government BTW) their defenders ALWAYS jump back to Clinton. Man that guy sure had (has) a lot of influence eh?

Just that people like to throw stuff out there like Halliburton, like this is the only administration that used them! Halliburton has been getting these type of contracts way before Cheney. They are one of only like two companies that can provided these type of services. And I think the other one is from France or some other country in Europe.

People revert back to Clinton, to point out that hypocrites do not make a big deal about things when their party does it, just when the other guys do it. I bet you never heard of Halliburton till the Iraq war. ;-)

Hippie Rancher":1g528zq7 said:
My theory is people like to point back to clinton because they got no excuse for the current situation.

You have a nice day! Not going to get sucked into this ;-)

aplusmnt":1d17u8pg said:
Hippie Rancher":1d17u8pg said:

I bet you never heard of Halliburton till the Iraq war. ;-)

I'm not getting sucked into this either, except to say that both parties have more than their fair share of hypocrites, and that is a bet you would have lost had it been with me. ;-)

These things are nothing new. Has been going on throughout our country's history. The party out of power spends most of it's time digging for scandals within the administration that's in power. Since most politicians (at least at the state and national level) are corrupt, they usually don't have to dig very far.

Very true, VanC. I get so sick of campaign advertisements because they are just a bunch of mud-slinging - on both sides. :roll:

VanC":59m7sqya said:
These things are nothing new. Has been going on throughout our country's history. The party out of power spends most of it's time digging for scandals within the administration that's in power. Since most politicians (at least at the state and national level) are corrupt, they usually don't have to dig very far.

Couldn't agree more! Basically we have the choice between Satan and the Devil. Just have to decide which one is sucking up to the lobbyist that you like the most.

If environment is your thing, you vote for Satan.
If Gun Control is important to you you vote for the Devil.

Latest posts