Tarter Squeeze Chute

Help Support CattleToday:

lannce

Reaction score
i'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Tarter Squeeze chute?

Good?
BAD?
Comments.

I looked at the Tarter head catch and squeeze chute when we first bought the Alabama ranch. In the western states Belen builds and markets a similar line. Big Valley is one of the better lightweight lines available. I used their high end M1 headcatch when I built the steel sweep and ally on the Wyoming ranch, it is still working well after 19 years, although the yokes are bent outward a little. I believe Tarter is the eastern U S version of the Big Valley brand, but I don't like them near as well as that old Big Valley.

The Tarter head catch has some sharp and protruding edges that I would not use. Big Valley or Powder River would be my choice for self catch head gates. If I could find a Big Valley here I would use them again. The Tarter squeeze and palpation cage would probably be fine if you lock it down and don't run hundreds a year thru it. I have worked at a couple of prefab sweeps and allys, they were noisy and moved around, you can build a cheaper, poor one and still work better.

I am still trying to convince myself I want a Souix Steel squeeze, but all I really need is a palpation cage and 2 reinforced powder river 8 ft gates behind a good headcatch at the end of a sweep and ally. @

Latest posts