The rate and speed of the tail wagging on a young nursing calf is due to?:

1-Volume of milk
2-Nutrition content of milk
3-Overall goodness of the nursing experience and bonding
4-Health condition
5-Phase of Moon
6-A type of communicating with mother telling her to be still and DO NOT MOVE
7-An exercise to build tail muscles for swatting flies later
8-The tail is like a pitcher pump, the faster it goes...more milk is being pumped into the stomach

Seriously, there is some type of signal being sent here.

You can't beat the sight of a calf's tail wagging as it drinks milk from a bottle... Almost makes you forget being drug 100ft through mud and crap and being kicked and trampled fighting to get the nipple into its mouth.

On second thought, I prefer watching a calf suck on its momma while wagging its tail as I sit in a dry comfy truck... a much better experience... for both of us. :D

I agree, it's got to mean "something," but all I know is I'm really glad when I see it. Happy calf getting its happy meal!

Edited to add: Another good sign is calves racing around the pasture with their tails high, my favorite thing around dusk.

Gale Seddon":qvlq4oxt said:
Edited to add: Another good sign is calves racing around the pasture with their tails high, my favorite thing around dusk.

isnt that ssoo cute to watch!! i absolutly love it!! :heart:

i'd say its from bein so happy that its gettin that good ol' milk b/c i dont think i've ever seen anything love something as much as a calf loves that milk.

yep.. its always good to see that sight. I always believe the calves are just content, and getting milk when that tail is waggin.

Yea you know it`s good. Given half a chance they will take moms milk 1 yr. to 1 1/2 later. (but you don`t notice the tail wagging so much then)

blk mule

According to anything I've ever read, its 8, although I hadn't read anything about faster=more milk. The tail wagging caused muscle reflexes to ensure the proper stomach gets used.

Rod

Latest posts