Sympathy towards Fed workers......

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":25hzsuzj said:
What is to feel sorry for? These people are getting time off with pay. Sure they have to wait for the check but it will come and they will have done nothing to earn it. I worked in the woods for years where people were fired at the drop of a hat. I saw an entire riggin crew fired one afternoon because they weren't getting enough wood out. No looking to see what or who was the hold up, just 7 men down the road. I worked for a cutting contractor who had 12 fallers working for him. Every Friday he fired the slowest guy on the crew. Come Monday there would be a new guy to take his place. Probably 80% of the time that new guy was the one sent packing on the next Friday. These government employees have job security, great benefits, regular raises, and we are supposed to feel sympathy when we are the ones paying them to stay home?

Really no different than if they had been at work.

I think more families than anyone knows still live paycheck to paycheck or worse. I'm gonna say most of the people not getting paid will live on credit cards until this is over. Problem is 75% will blow the back pay on vacations or big screen TVs instead of paying the cards off. Oh well everyones gotta live their life I guess.

True Grit Farms":2holizw5 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't missed or went without anything since the government shut down. I say keep the shut down permanent and put everyone's wages and retirement towards building the wall. Then there will be plenty of jobs available for those who want to work.

I support building the wall. However, I can't think of a single job any illegal aliens have ever held that I would want or could support my family on. And if all those jobs go to Americans what do you think will happen to the cost of goods or services produced?

By retirement you also mean Social Security right? donating yours for the wall? Just curious. Taking a break from my home remodeling project and stirring the pot a bit... Don't take me too serious. It just
Makes me smile a bit to think some believe our problems will be magically solved by a wall.

Beefeater":1z2l3bl1 said:
True Grit Farms":1z2l3bl1 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't missed or went without anything since the government shut down. I say keep the shut down permanent and put everyone's wages and retirement towards building the wall. Then there will be plenty of jobs available for those who want to work.

I support building the wall. However, I can't think of a single job any illegal aliens have ever held that I would want or could support my family on. And if all those jobs go to Americans what do you think will happen to the cost of goods or services produced?

By retirement you also mean Social Security right? donating yours for the wall? Just curious. Taking a break from my home remodeling project and stirring the pot a bit... Don't take me too serious. It just
Makes me smile a bit to think some believe our problems will be magically solved by a wall.

It definitely ain't a home run. That's for sure. But base hits win ball games :tiphat:

JMJ Farms":11mj3jbs said:
Beefeater":11mj3jbs said:
True Grit Farms":11mj3jbs said:

It definitely ain't a home run. That's for sure. But base hits win ball games :tiphat:

Look at other walls they work great till there tunneled under or gone over.. we need something in place but not sure a wall is the solution. I say stop funding anchor babies and immigrants no interest free loans etc when they come they are required to learn English before coming in. If they want to send money back home put a fee on it so high they won't want to come. Kinda like trick or treating kids don't go to houses with the lights off they go to the ones with lights giving things away.

skyhightree1":vedb0u4e said:
JMJ Farms":vedb0u4e said:
Beefeater":vedb0u4e said:

Look at other walls they work great till there tunneled under or gone over.. we need something in place but not sure a wall is the solution. I say stop funding anchor babies and immigrants no interest free loans etc when they come they are required to learn English before coming in. If they want to send money back home put a fee on it so high they won't want to come. Kinda like trick or treating kids don't go to houses with the lights off they go to the ones with lights giving things away.

That's my philosophy on how to build the wall. With their money. Easy as taking candy from a baby. And then after the wall is built, keep taxing it and apply it to the principal of the national debt. Foolproof and win win

JMJ Farms":xjcm1bwm said:
skyhightree1":xjcm1bwm said:
JMJ Farms":xjcm1bwm said:

That's my philosophy on how to build the wall. With their money. Easy as taking candy from a baby. And then after the wall is built, keep taxing it and apply it to the principal of the national debt. Foolproof and win win

A 1% tariff on imported goods from Mexico in 5 years would pay for a wall even Hillary would be proud of (If this was 2006).

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico

Beefeater":l52jktwh said:
Around here, there used to be lots of jobs that one could make a living at, that illegals now do. Carpenters, roofers, construction, heavy equipment operators...now almost all are mostly or in part done by illegals for less pay than the legal citizens used to do them for.

who cares about crime, drugs, and supporting these people.. since almost all go on government aid.

yea.. who cares!!!!!

As I said on the thread before it was lost in the reboot, Federal Civil Servant pay exceeds or at least matches civilian pay for comparable education and training in the private sector. I don't feel sorry for them. I noticed when doing some online banking yesterday, that US Bank has a notification on their website that federal employees can get an advance on their pay. As was mentioned, Congress has already passed and the President has signed a bill guaranteeing back pay. Therefore, it is much like paid leave.

I think the media focuses on the ones that provide more drama. Obviously, they are not going to show a bunch of US EPA employees having a Government Shutdown party at the Rock Bottom Restuarant and Brewery on the Downtown Walking Mall, which is just up the street from the EPA office where I spent 5 years. Man, I miss some of those good times. Downtown Denver is fantastic.