Swollen legs

Help Support CattleToday:

Lim-flex

Reaction score
I have a young calf and both rear legs are swollen from the hoof up to its hip. Anyone know what causes this and how to treat it? Thanks

Lim-flex":3stncxgl said:
I have a young calf and both rear legs are swollen from the hoof up to its hip. Anyone know what causes this and how to treat it? Thanks

What has your veterinarian said about it?

Bez>

He thought maybe heel flies might have caused an allergic reaction? First time he has ever seen this.

Did the vet offer any treatment?

Since this is a first time he's ever seen this moment for your vet, another source you could tap is the County Extension Office to see if anyone else has mentioned this happening. Also, you might do a search on the A&M veterinary school website. In fact, you could try contacting a university and talking to some of their animal science people. A lot of those profs also have cattle and have had them for years. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

Good luck, Alice

Lim-flex":28iuddua said:
He thought maybe heel flies might have caused an allergic reaction? First time he has ever seen this.

Since heel flys don;t get on the skin and it's way to early for the eggs to hatch and the grubs to start boring I don;t understand the heel fly deal

dun

Latest posts