sweet tea anyone?

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Just wondering, how many pitchers of sweet tea do y'all drink a day? i drink two, but somehow my dad always get the last glass and i get stuck making it about 4 times a day.

i dont mean to sound like a weenie but man is it hot outside today! not quite hot enough to make the clouds sweat yet tho.

off to mow some fennels/spray some persimmons.more later, b

1 pitcher per day on weekdays... we have our "other" jobs to go to :(

2 pitchers per day on weekends :D

...anything above 90 degrees is just hot, I am thankful that today is our first day in a week and a half that won't break 100 and also won't break 90! :D

Ol' Caustic and LA4 learned a few years back that I am a true yankee (in their words). I don't drink sweet tea but I make probably 2 pitchers a day. Rest of the family loves it.

I generally make a pitcher a day. I can't make it sweet, so I leave it unsweet and everyone sweetens their own. Steve uses sweet and low. I use sugar. Lots of sugar.

pto came out and started floppin around. time for a refill!

KNERSIE":1r0ci8km said:
is it still dry in your neck of the woods, beefy?

we've been getting about 1/10 every other two days or so. green one day, parched the next. never can tell. had dark skys and sorta cool weather for a few days and i think i got spoilt.

if i'm in a hurry (which is all the time basically) i just fill 'er up with hot tap water, add sugar, drop in tea bags and wait a few minutes and stir. hten when i come back in for a refill, viola!

i like to make suntea too tho.

i never boil tea.

Beefy":ta9wohk7 said:

The whole shaft came out? If so, it's time for a refreshing cold beer! :lol:

I drink at least a gallon of sweet iced tea every day.

If mint is in season, I drop a leaf or two in.

MikeC":10wtvz3z said:
Beefy":10wtvz3z said:

The whole shaft came out? If so, it's time for a refreshing cold beer! :lol:

I drink at least a gallon of sweet iced tea every day.

If mint is in season, I drop a leaf or two in.

A couple Mint leaves are a real treat.We go through at least 1.5 to 2 gallons a day here on the weekend. I always have to get a squeeze of Lemon juice in it.

1 Gallon Pitcher
10 regular size Tea bags
1.5 Cups of sugar
Hot Water
Let sit bout an hour
Stir

ROCKSPRINGS":1w0mpg58 said:
Do you boil water or make sun tea ?

Just use the coffee maker. 3 large family size tea bags, in the coffee pot and let it drip in there. It sets for about ten minutes and then goes into the tea pitcher. A little sugar and a lot of ice, then it is off to the refrigerator.

In the past year I have had one coke that I know of. I simply do not drink cabonated water. Not at work, not at home, and not at the restaurant. It is always coffee or tea for me. If a restaurant can't make good tea or coffee, I don't ever go there again.

Must be a southern thing(?). We drink lots of kool aid in my house. I don't even know anyone who drinks sweet tea. One of my friends did (tea in a bottle) and we teased her so she went back to Mt.Dew.

I've got one of those automatic tea makers that makes 3 quarts at a time. I go thru about 2-3 quarts in a day, depends.

If I'm not drinking tea it's Dr. Pepper or Cheerwine. Any of you yanks know what Cheerwine is? :lol:

cfpinz

angie":3c7fcd19 said:
Must be a southern thing(?). We drink lots of kool aid in my house. I don't even know anyone who drinks sweet tea. One of my friends did (tea in a bottle) and we teased her so she went back to Mt.Dew.

Angie - You have now turned your friend into a "out behind the barn" tea drinker, and once she starts understanding the joys of being southern she'll soon want to move down here and join us. Can you post a few pictures so we can be on the lookout for her?

I don't remember who in the Crowder administration is in charge of visitation visas so she may need to apply in person.

Cuz

Latest posts