Sweat collar?

Help Support CattleToday:

queenielauren14

Reaction score
What is a sweat collar? And what and why is it used? How long has it been use,d? is it only used in US? How come ive never heard about it! LOL does anyone know of any Austrlaians using them? Im quite intrigued by this, can someone help me out! ? Please..
Lauren

What it dose is it makes the neck sweat while its on and when it sweats the skin becomes tighter giving the calf a more clean apperance. (i'm not exactly sure if thats right but i think it is Correct me if i'm wrong)

But i know there are 2 types neoprean(sp??) and leather

Neoprean
sweat.jpg

Leather
lsweat.jpg

Hope i helped!
Tori

right, so you guys are trying to stop the natural dewlaps? arent they judged on their dewlaps too? Or is this trying to make the dewlap matter move into brisket? im so confuse,d you have helped, the pictures, helped.. but i dont see exactly why? ive never ever seen it done, EVER.. its so strange.
Lauren

That sounds scary... and some what inhumane? I mean, thats something serious.. say, you did this to a steer.. and he wasnt slaughtered.. would it ever return to its normal state?
Lauren

queenielauren14":y9p7zxkn said:
That sounds scary... and some what inhumane? I mean, thats something serious.. say, you did this to a steer.. and he wasnt slaughtered.. would it ever return to its normal state?
Lauren
Inhumane?

Jay

:eek: Excuse me! I just think its an odd thing to do, to shrink an animals neck... doesnt mean im a whtever whtever, i dont eat any more vegies then the rest of yas.. you guys are just being sterotypical!

cowboy13":29x0boek said:
jaydill":29x0boek said:
queenielauren14":29x0boek said:
Lauren
Inhumane?

Jay

Don't worry jay, she's just another one of those granola toatin', vegetable eatin', steer ridin', artsy fartsy fairy types.

you sure have been talking a whole lot of crap about people lately

cowboy13":39q1gw95 said:
Heritage_Farmboy":39q1gw95 said:
cowboy13":39q1gw95 said:
jaydill":39q1gw95 said:
queenielauren14":39q1gw95 said:
Lauren
Inhumane?

Jay

Don't worry jay, she's just another one of those granola toatin', vegetable eatin', steer ridin', artsy fartsy fairy types.

:roll:

what you rolling your eyes for?...that person aint done nothing to you...she aint familiar with how a sweat collar works...aint no reason to make fun of somebody

cowboy13":b7ouxgmo said:
Heritage_Farmboy":b7ouxgmo said:
Heritage_Farmboy":b7ouxgmo said:
jaydill":b7ouxgmo said:
queenielauren14":b7ouxgmo said:
Lauren
Inhumane?

Jay

what you rolling your eyes for?...that person aint done nothing to you...she aint familiar with how a sweat collar works...aint no reason to make fun of somebody

:roll:

Just talking about her other post about being a vegitarian and not approving of slaughter of beef, but she told me she will eat lamb and pork, just not beef.

well I laughed at that too...bout her saying we shouldn't be able to slaughter beef...but I aint start making fun of nobody because of it...she's got her opinions, you got your opinions, I got my opinions...that's how it goes

queenielauren14":h7qqtrx7 said:
:eek: Excuse me! I just think its an odd thing to do, to shrink an animals neck... doesnt mean im a whtever whtever, i dont eat any more vegies then the rest of yas.. you guys are just being sterotypical!
Just letting you know. It doesn't shrink the neck, just slims down the dewlap on the animal.

Thats right Jaydill it only gets rid of the fat in the neck so that the animals neck is cleaner. Yesthe animal is judged on how clean through the neck area. it isn't inhumane it's dosn't harm the animal in any way. But yes if the sweat coller is left off and not used the animals dewlap will return to its naural state.

Latest posts