SVF Allegiance

Help Support CattleToday:

Supa Dexta

Reaction score
Anyone used him? How'd they turn out? He should have some daughters in production now.

I'm struggling to find black sim bulls I like the look of at a young age, too weak for my tastes a lot of the time. I feel the trend is going towards black blaze faces so I want to breed more towards that, but often the red bulls catch my eye first.

Used Allegiance this spring on the BWF high% SM cows, so won't have calves on the ground til March.
Farm manager(wife) is all about blaze-faces and high WW epd. I try to make sure other features are in balance, and Mrb/REA/Shear are acceptable(to me) when she's picking 'em.
Long's Shear Pleasure(3/4 SM) made some good steers, and first daughters are now calving - look pretty nice at this point, but despite his white face, I got a lot of solid black calves - even out of blaze/white-faced cows.
PRS Blazin' Hot W192 did a good job of putting white faces back in the mix... a little more chrome on legs than I expected. Steers were good. Have a group of 5 or 6 daughters, out of the Fall '15 crop, that we kept... pretty nice.

Wife picked up 5 units of JF Milestone semen at an auction a couple of years back... been using it on specific cows... so far have two heifers - a black and a black blaze-face. Another one due in the next month... out of a red-carrier cow... I'm hoping for a red blaze-faced heifer.

Latest posts