Suspenders?

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus":37fljppy said:
I have a military type web belt that I carry a lot of crap on when I am doing field work walking fields...binoculars, gps, camera, 357, abney level, compass etc...
It would drag my pants off ...
I got a pretty good pair of suspenders at Walmart and put on the belt and it made life a lot easier....
i generally can get by with just a belt on my pants still...
The first set I got was at Walmart. I was shocked at how good they were. They don;t carry that make anymore and the ones now look like junk. The ones I wear now are made in Finland and the are hellforstout I'm tempted to get another pair just in case. For 9 bucks they are hard to beat.

kenny thomas":wz67kyke said:
Another topic made me wonder, how many wear suspenders? After colon surgeries I wore them for a long time. Duluth Trading Company brand, they were comfortable. Anyone else?
Kenny do you also have some of those big baggy rodeo clown jeans to wear with those suspenders?? :hide:

I wore them to work for years. Logging it is best to wear pants about two sizes too big for freedom of movement. Suspenders are the best way to keep those over sized pants up. I still wear them on occasions when hunting or in the winter when I wear the Carhardt double knee logger jeans. Those jeans come with suspender buttons already installed.

My Grandpa wore overhauls. He had dress overhauls, which what amounted to new overhauls until they got broke in good. My Grandma used to say he swapped legs with a jaybird and lost his butt in the deal. I am not built like him so maybe I can wear pants a little longer.

I carry so much stuff in my pockets and on my belt a pair of suspenders would really be nice. My wife already gives me grief about wearing a cowboy hat, boots and shorts. I think adding a pair of suspenders to my wardrobe just might push her over the edge.

True Grit Farms":3vhrmzdh said:
I carry so much stuff in my pockets and on my belt a pair of suspenders would really be nice. My wife already gives me grief about wearing a cowboy hat, boots and shorts. I think adding a pair of suspenders to my wardrobe just might push her over the edge.

If you go that route, I beg you, post a pic! :D

bball":2ikfwa09 said:
True Grit Farms":2ikfwa09 said:

If you go that route, I beg you, post a pic! :D

DITTOES

True Grit Farms":2nkxvxg0 said:
You put suspenders on with those shorts you'll have to get you some of those tall socks and one of those little funky looking German hats.

I mostly wear the leather ones from Nocona. They snap to your belt loops, and have elastic in the lower back. When I go without them now, I feel like my pants are always falling down, whether they are or not. I do wear overallls some, but I haven't completely converted yet - my Dad wore overalls from the time I could remember. His dress pants were khaki's - always. He never wore jeans 'til he lost a lot of weight in his last few years, and I could never get used to seeing him in jeans.

Latest posts