surfs up in cali :)~

Help Support CattleToday:

rancherswife

Reaction score
It has been so warm here the past few days. When my kids were younger they would swim their steers for exercise and it also helped wear them out alittle when they wanted to take off.
So over the weekend we decided to try it with the Grandsons steers and they had a ball!! The bald face calf is a real brat so it helped take some of the fire outta him. The brockle faced calf just loves the water. He pulled my grandson all over the lake.
Anyway here are some pics.
Have a great day everyone!!
swimmin024.jpg

swimmin022.jpg

swimmin021.jpg

swimmin004.jpg

swimmin002.jpg

swimmin001.jpg

Yes thats interesting. I suppose that would be good exercise for some cattle and fun for you as long as you dont have a spaz steer. :)

yep it is really good exercise. We keep them on a pretty long rope though just so they don't swim over anyone!! It's never happened but it could if you arent looking I guess. They seem to enjoy pulling the kid around and he thinks it's pretty cool.

We only have these 2 steers for the Grandson to show. We raise Reg. Longhorns. We are in the desert outside of Barstow CA. We bought these steers up north out of Wilton CA. Are you guys as warm up north as we are here the past few days? It has been in the 90's since last week!! I am lovin this weather :heart: :heart: :heart:

rancherswife":gum2um6z said:
It has been so warm here the past few days. When my kids were younger they would swim their steers for exercise and it also helped wear them out alittle when they wanted to take off.
So over the weekend we decided to try it with the Grandsons steers and they had a ball!! The bald face calf is a real brat so it helped take some of the fire outta him. The brockle faced calf just loves the water. He pulled my grandson all over the lake.
Anyway here are some pics.
Have a great day everyone!!
That looks like so much fun!! i have always wanted to do that with my cows!!!!!!

Latest posts