suplements

Help Support CattleToday:

jaimefloresh

Reaction score
what to suplement to cows and pairs, in this season of the year that have planty of grass but not any green yet, more protein or more energy. same question for winter time. tanks

what kind of grass, and what protein does it run .what mineral are deficient in your soil.?? thats diffenitly a question you should be asking your neigboring farmers, vet, or extention agent, if you got em....

ALACOWMAN":3mxmv9s4 said:
what kind of grass, and what protein does it run .what mineral are deficient in your soil.?? thats diffenitly a question you should be asking your neigboring farmers, vet, or extention agent, if you got em....
I tend to leave out the neighboring farmers. Some of mine are dumb as a brick. ( they think it is a waste of money to add anything but N because that is what makes the leaves grow. :roll: Another doesn't believe in feeding mineral. He would rather cuss the guy that sold him the "infertile" cattle :roll: ) Mineral elements can vary from farm to farm depending on how the land has been taken care of. Even then certain trace elements are not added with fertilizer.
In our area we are deficient in phosphorous and copper. I can add P in the fertilizer but not the copper, so I still need to feed some mineral just not the high dollar stuff. Cattle will pick up the phosphorous along with other minerals in the forage and by licking one another. (And all this time you thought they just liked each other. :lol2: )

i wouldnt ask my neighbor either,, now.. but i did years ago starting out, so much info avalible now on the internet ........ a world of knowledge.. you can be miles ahead now, as opposed to a few years ago

jaimefloresh":3c6i4xn5 said:
what to suplement to cows and pairs, in this season of the year that have planty of grass but not any green yet, more protein or more energy. same question for winter time. tanks
Jaime where are you located??

TexasBred":2zlgi1wi said:
jaimefloresh":2zlgi1wi said:
Jaime where are you located??
i'm in Chihuahua, north of Mexico I ask this becouse i went to buy some suplement blocks, and sales man toll me he has this two tipes, one with 37 % and the 32% of protein, and he recomendn to me the 32% for this season of the year becouse cows supouse to need more energy than protein. and in winter they need more protein than energy. tanks for your coments

Latest posts