Sundays

Help Support CattleToday:

TnWI

Reaction score
#1)Getting up a little later then normal, taking ALL the dogs for a walk, puttering around outside - no time frame to follow, just doing something at leisure.

#2)Going in the house to be greeted by two very groggy children, and the youngest giving me a good morning kiss and hug and says "mom, can you make me an omlette?"

There just is no other day of the week that this happens ..... I wouldn't miss it for the world.

How do you spend your Sundays?

Have to work every other sunday at the hospital.....on my "days off", I love to cook breakfast for the family (today was eggs, bacon and thick-sliced french toast and hot cocoa or coffee) and spend the majority of the morning in my sweatshirt and baggy britches!! Today, however, we are preg-testing about 350 head!! Gonna be a busy sunday here! ;-)

Sundays here are pretty much the same as every other day, unless my grandson is here. :D

Sundays also mean that Van is home (usually), so what I do during the week he does...plus a bunch of fixing type stuff...before the NASCAR race comes on, anyway. That's when I go outside and find something to do.

Alice

We gather at church then the family and a few friends usually goes out to breakfast...kind of hard to get a table for party of eighteen but they manage to find enough tables near eachother.
This summer I was doing a Sunday farmer's market so missed out...glad to be back on the prayer bones.
And that's my two bits worth. DMc

J&T Farm":1ubm9blw said:
RW what happened in Ennis, Mt.?

June 14th, 2003, a "vagrant" who had had one too many in one of our local taverns was calmly and POLITELY asked to leave the establishment after repeatedly putting "the moves" on several young, inelligible ladies......the man left...angrily, but waited outside of the bar with a loaded 9mm and a loaded 357!! When the group of youngsters left the bar at closing time, the "intruder" opened fire!! The victims ranged in age 22 to age 27....a young couple was shot and both life-flighted (one to billings and one to seattle)----leaving behind a 3 year old son to be tended by grandparents while he waited to see if either of his parents would live!! Other victims were critically wounded and flown to area hospitals from our hospital after we did the best we could to "stabilize" them!! None of these kids should have lived, yet we managed to save 6 of the 7 victims!! Sadly, the 27 year old father of a beautiful little 2 year old girl died at the scene!! He was one of the hubby's best friends!!

When something like this happens in your little town (population 750), it hits home...everyone knows everyone and most of us are "related" in one way or another!! Soon, however, anger and vengence gave way to gentle remembrance of the victims and of the man who lost his life....bumper stickers with my "signature" soon were being sold all over town to raise money for the victims as NONE of them had health insurance!! It's been 3 painful years since that awful night, but the memories are as fresh as if it had happened yesterday!!

Latest posts