Summer camp...

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Have ya'll ever thought about going to summer camp back in the day how dangerous it was? Oh me oh my!! They just handed a bunch of 10 and 11 year Olds bows and guns. Most never had held a gun or bow in their life. Not only that they walked us on a nature trail with 22s loaded "safety on" How they know a 10 or 11 year old wasn't going to try something nuts.... was times just different than? There was maybe 25 kids at a time shooting. My husband and I are talking about this... crazy in a way. The people that watched over the groups was kids too.... 14-17 year Olds. I guess I just see things differently as an adult. Plus with all the craziness in the world gives me bad anxiety.

You don't think Detroit and like cities are dangerous but scared to death of summer camp? :LOL:

Mr. Chaded Naw I didn't say I was scared to death. Just a little strange when you think about it as an adult and in today's age and time.
It's not that I don't think cities are dangerous. It doesn't bother me like ya'll. No matter where you go there is always a chance of some danger. You can't stereotype type danger to one race or city. Correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Mr. Chaded Naw I didn't say I was scared to death. Just a little strange when you think about it as an adult and in today's age and time.
It's not that I don't think cities are dangerous. It doesn't bother me like ya'll. No matter where you go there is always a chance of some danger. You can't stereotype type danger to one race or city. Correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

It's not strange to me. I was hunting at that age and took firearm safety very seriously and I feel my friends did as well. When I was at 4-h camp in elementary we shot .22's and were sort of graded on those targets for that day. When we were done the instructor broke out a couple of ruger mini-14's that anyone could shoot for fun. Scary stuff…..

I guess I don't know what to tell you if you don't understand that certain cities are more dangerous then others?

Have ya'll ever thought about going to summer camp back in the day how dangerous it was? Oh me oh my!! They just handed a bunch of 10 and 11 year Olds bows and guns. Most never had held a gun or bow in their life. Not only that they walked us on a nature trail with 22s loaded "safety on" How they know a 10 or 11 year old wasn't going to try something nuts.... was times just different than? There was maybe 25 kids at a time shooting. My husband and I are talking about this... crazy in a way. The people that watched over the groups was kids too.... 14-17 year Olds. I guess I just see things differently as an adult. Plus with all the craziness in the world gives me bad anxiety.
Let them grow up Shell...... Camp is good for them. It is not like they are giving them AK 47's with no supervision.

May have been different where ya'll lived. 🤷🏽‍♀️ We are talking about town and city kids that never saw guns or bows before. They rode in on busses from hours away most didn't have dad's or anybody in the picture to teach them about guns and bow safety. How many girls you know that know about guns at 10 and 11 years old. 😆 Don't get me wrong I believe it's a wonderful place for kids to learn. Just a little scary to think handing all this 10 and 11 year olds guns that most never didn't have a clue about guns. I remember kids getting in trouble for having their safety off, how they handled the guns, carried them, and pointing them loaded at people. Just careless kids that didn't pay attention. 25 kids at a time to one "instructor" as in another kid. I'd hate to think in today's times I was responsible for 25 10 and 11 year Olds that never touched a gun.

Latest posts