Sullivans

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Anyone going to Sullivan's Sale on Saturday in West? I'm planning on making the trip, just to watch. Have one specific heifer I want to look at (again). Maybe if I get lucky she'll go cheap enough.

Ryan

Ryan":vxg6857y said:
Anyone going to Sullivan's Sale on Saturday in West? I'm planning on making the trip, just to watch. Have one specific heifer I want to look at (again). Maybe if I get lucky she'll go cheap enough.

Ryan

Are you taking a trailer? :)

I'm not, as of right now. But my buddy/business partner is.

It's a clubby focused female sale. They have primarily Maine genetics with a mix of Hereford, Charolais, Simmental, etc. I just scanned the catalog but didn't see any Shorthorns this year. They had a Shorthorn bull last year they had promoted quite a bit but couldn't get over $5k on him through the ring.

They're also offering a few Americans out of a JDH bull this year.

Didn't come home with anything. The heifer I had my eye on brought 3K. Had a great time at the sale, lots of good animals. Had a pretty good average. The Americans brought a little less on the average, probably because that was the first time Americans had been offered at that sale. Although, the high selling open heifer was an American that brought $9,700. All in All a good time.

Ryan

Yeah, she was impressive. I know of a few people, including myself, that were ready to jump on her if she slipped through.

I went with a buddy to pick up a cow at his place a few weeks ago and saw her there in the pasture. I thought she was real nice then, but when I saw her with the others in the sale I was more impressed with her.

Latest posts