sugar gliders

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":1b3jdio8 said:
My wife is a vet tech. Very few animals bother her other than snakes and spiders, but those things creep her out. Some woman and her kid brought one in to the vet office a while back, wife was looking it over and it let out some sorta squeel. Long story short, wife bounced it off the wall in front of the child, who was standing there with her mouth wide open.

If our cats wouldn't kill it, I'd get one just to mess with the wife.

OMG! Pinz you just made my day! LMAO :tiphat:

my niece just got one and so did her friend! must be the going thing at college right now!! she brought it home to show me and it was very little but was cute in some sorta way!?!? i myself didn't care for it to be climbing up and down me, but she and my kids thought it was fun!! she kept hers on a leash and it stayed right with her and she has a small pouch for it to be in when she is driving and stuff and of course i assume a cage at college. she said they like to eat fruits and veggies and some kind of pellets.
if you have any questions let me know and i can ask her!

good luck and have fun!!

;-)

Well, I guess we are going to pick the little bugger up tonight. This may be fun... I hope the dog doesn't get him. It's Lexi I worry about more than Cole. I think that the plan was to put Lex outdoors when we have it out. His name is Pip. My son is all excited.

Gee, I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew... Hopefully, this will work out better than that trailer of Brangus calves the Hub brought home from the sale barn last summer...

I can't see a sugar glider running through a fence, though. :lol2:

BTW, I think the one calf I have left from that venture will have to be sold with the place. I really hate her... If I thought I wouldn't get sued, I would turn her out and let her wander toward Grandview. Really. I dream of walking out there and shooting her. It would probably just pi$$ her off, though.

Lammie":1xtjbt6g said:
Well, I guess we are going to pick the little bugger up tonight. This may be fun... I hope the dog doesn't get him. It's Lexi I worry about more than Cole. I think that the plan was to put Lex outdoors when we have it out. His name is Pip. My son is all excited.

Gee, I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew... Hopefully, this will work out better than that trailer of Brangus calves the Hub brought home from the sale barn last summer...

BTW, I think the one calf I have left from that venture will have to be sold with the place. I really hate her... If I thought I wouldn't get sued, I would turn her out and let her wander toward Grandview. Really. I dream of walking out there and shooting her. It would probably just pi$$ her off, though.
hope it don't teach those brangus how too fly.. they wont be a fence in texas that'll hold em

alacattleman":24t3yig4 said:
Lammie":24t3yig4 said:

hope it don't teach those brangus how too fly.. they wont be a fence in texas that'll hold em

Reminds me of a little poem my brother used to say:

Birdie birdie in the sky
Why'd you do that in my eye?
Birdie birdie in the sky
Sure am glad that cows don't fly...

Looks like tonight's the night.

I'll let you know how it goes. I am going to keep a talley of how many times I get get bitten. I'm looking forward to that part... :help:

Lammie, use common sense. Don't be hasty. Go take a rest on your new couch. A long rest. This impulse will pass and you will see things in a new and different light.

If you don't, rest some more.

I'm a sucker for free weird pets.. but I have to admit that thing creeps me out! I think they were popular here about five or six years ago, but seems like you see them all the time in the classifieds.

Good luck Lammie! Don't forget to post a picture..may with the little thing in it's pouch? :nod:

seriously , I hope you get the preventative rabies vaccine, you may need it. I think this pet may fall under the wild ones that can or should never be thought of being tamed.

GMN

GMN":153uhrtx said:
seriously , I hope you get the preventative rabies vaccine, you may need it. I think this pet may fall under the wild ones that can or should never be thought of being tamed.

GMN
That's what I was thinking. Sort of like a vampire bat. Never know what they may be up to.

So I got the critter last night. We go his gace put together and all his toys in there. I made him a new sleeping pouch from an old sweat shirt and hung it in there. He didn't escape last night owing to the 15 or so twist ties we secured every possible escape route with. He was in the cage this morning so I guess that worked. He got in his bonding pouch and we held it and talked to him a while. He ate some strawberry last night. I was talking to him this morning. He didn't make any noises and only crabbed once when we showed him the dog. Scary noise!

I will ask about the rabies thing. I haven't read where they have to have that. It's good information, though. I am looking forward to taking him to a vet. That should be a load of fun.

If I ever get another camera I will take a pic of him.

I know what you mean on the scary screech!! My niece's done that alot here cause the dogs thought of it as a treat!! It went flying over to our fridge and hung out on the door!!

Good Luck

;-)

Lammie":158u6h5e said:
So I got the critter last night. We go his gace put together and all his toys in there. I made him a new sleeping pouch from an old sweat shirt and hung it in there. He didn't escape last night owing to the 15 or so twist ties we secured every possible escape route with. He was in the cage this morning so I guess that worked. He got in his bonding pouch and we held it and talked to him a while. He ate some strawberry last night. I was talking to him this morning. He didn't make any noises and only crabbed once when we showed him the dog. Scary noise!

I will ask about the rabies thing. I haven't read where they have to have that. It's good information, though. I am looking forward to taking him to a vet. That should be a load of fun.

If I ever get another camera I will take a pic of him.

I meant the preventative rabies vaccine for you and your family. I had them when I went to college, working with cats and dogs, etc.. They build up your immunity against rabies if you are ever exposed to it. They aren't full proof, but it could be a good thing for you to consider.

GMN

Oh. Okay. I would rather it got a shot!

Stuck my hand in the cage this morning and he crabbed at me. It will make you withdraw you hand from the cage quickly. I have to get this thing used to me. I can't just get rid of it. I told the little boy he could come and visit.

It just takes a while...

Lammie":39j1rpqj said:
Oh. Okay. I would rather it got a shot!

Stuck my hand in the cage this morning and he crabbed at me. It will make you withdraw you hand from the cage quickly. I have to get this thing used to me. I can't just get rid of it. I told the little boy he could come and visit.

It just takes a while...

Yes who knows it may be a good pet, once it gets use to your routine. I would ask your Vet though about it carrying rabies, and or any other types of diseases, would be bad if someone in your house got bit, and got something from it. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck

Gail

TheBullLady":1xk75iy2 said:
I'm a sucker for free weird pets.. but I have to admit that thing creeps me out! I think they were popular here about five or six years ago, but seems like you see them all the time in the classifieds.

Good luck Lammie! Don't forget to post a picture..may with the little thing in it's pouch? :nod:
farrets, give me the all overs and the people that own em.

alacattleman":3kke54v7 said:
TheBullLady":3kke54v7 said:

I learned my lesson about ferrets. They were popular when I was in HS. Had a friend who had to have one and it ended up living in a cage outside. Meaner than satan. Stinky, too.

Lammie":17vk1m4l said:
alacattleman":17vk1m4l said:
TheBullLady":17vk1m4l said:

I learned my lesson about ferrets. They were popular when I was in HS. Had a friend who had to have one and it ended up living in a cage outside. Meaner than satan. Stinky, too.
my uncle had one...it was like having a dam varmit loose in the house, you never knew where it was at any paticular time