Success!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
[img][/img]
I finally posted a full size picture. Macon told me to use Ranchers.net but I was unable to log in. Finally got that straightened out, then was a learning curve to figure out the process.
So - these are two PB Simmental calves.
Black is a bull calf, sired by Innocent Man out of Clinicque (heifer we showed this year). (last fall calf)
Red is a heifer calf, sired by Shock Force out of donor Miss Lass.

Like the bull calf! Congrats on getting the picture thing figured out!!!

We had a Shock Force embryo heifer (Anvil Acres Lady Prime was the dam). Worst temperament ever (ask Bright Raven, he wore a substantial bruise on his leg for months after she decided, as a little calf, to eat him for lunch one time when he was here helping us halter break!). She was small framed (about a 5 if she was lucky), never stuck to AI (first calf was sired by one of our yearling bulls that I bred her to just to get her stuck!), and at 2 would not breed back. She was also a sucker of other cows (I think I broke that by having her wear a blab for 6 months!). Anyway, she went to a special cow sale as a pair this summer, and I took a hard hit on her but was glad to be rid of her!
On a positive note, we have two of your Simmi Valley Zsa Zsa calves on the ground; a heifer and bull! Both are embryos sired by Upper Class and both have a dab of white on their faces. Looking forward to seeing them grow! Upper Class calves have been nice when they are young, but lose gas as they get older. I hope the cow side of the equation can help give them the gas long term to grow!

So glad to hear the owners are getting Zsa Zsa's genetics out. I believe SF also carries the newly identified eye color gene. Not sure what it is called, but they can have kinda a "glass eye" look??? I've seen it. Looks evil LOL