Success with synchronization

Help Support CattleToday:

kjonesel

Reaction score
Pregnacy checked a group of 14 heifers that I synched with a single shop of Lutalyse. I had them in a lot next to the house to observe for heats and bred 5 prior to the timed AI time. At 55 days checked with a pregscan ultrasound and 13 were pregnant.I did put in a cleanup bull 14 days later and some could be bred by him but overall I was happy. The one that was not checked was just bred 10 days ago because she had gotten bred beforehand and aborted when given a shot of Lutalyse.

When did that 30 day protocol and got 80% on a timed on heifers.
Cows we did the 10 day and from the preg check we are sitting at about 65% but we will find out when they calve if that's not better

I've never had that good of success before. Things that were different this time were the heifers were almost excellent physical condition, they were slightly older (I held them back to work towards fall calving), and the weather was perfect they were under no stress.

NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL!!
we gave estrumate to 10 cows and 4 heifers on oct 15th which 9 cows and 2 heifers had cidrs put in 8 days prior but only 7 of them came to a standing heat between between the 17th and the 19th which we ai'd. any suggestions on thew ones that didnt cycle as in why not and what to do from here?

Observing and breeding for 5 days, then give Lut on day 6 is about the cheapest, easiest, and most successful way to breed - if - like you said, they are in good condition and all had been cycling. Lut only works on cycling cattle. CIDR will get one cycling, but the first cycle may not be a good one.

Latest posts