Stupid Question

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Yesterday while trimming my horses feet the ding dong stepped on my boot, missing my toes luckily. The problem I have is his hoof left a big indention in the toe of my boot that I cannot get out. The boot is not steel toed, just a real heavy leather.
Already took the laces out and tried to push it out with a philips screwdriver, standard screwdriver, pliers and wire cutters. :?
Normally it wouldn't bother me except it is right at the end of my toe and when I walk it rubs my toe and is driving me crazy.

Any suggestions on how to get the dent out?

try taking a small hammer or ball pin hammer an tappinging upward from the inside.that might raise the dent out of the toe of your boot.

An old fashioned shoe tree would work, or you could fill the foot part with dried whole corn and fill the boot with water.

That's a tough one. Might have to pull it out with a cork screw and then fill the whole with cow manure and a layer of mink oil to seal it. :lol:

An extended C Clamp worked for me.

My boots were steel toed. I was out in the plant red lining some drawings to approve some changes. Three times I had to get up from squatting to let a guy go by. The fourth time he decided to climb around without my knowledge. He toppled a pipe hanger and the tube steel came down dead on my toe. The steel toe sort of crimped onto my middle toes. The boots were only two days old. He was a yank and didn't offer to replace them.

I took an extended C clamp and put the flat side on the crimp. Put a half pipe on the edge and began twisting the C clamp. I pulled most all of the dent out. Enough to wear the boots with no discomfort. It did leave rough burrs on the leather on the top outside.

bigbull my feet are not that big. Hammer won't fit in my boots. I wear an 8D mens/boys boot. Hate womens, too narrow.

Texas i did think about that, but was more along the lines of a bolt with a washer and nut on the end. Manure washes out too easily though. :D

I did get it somewhat out. Soaked my boot in water then tried the screwdriver again. Now hopefully is stays out.
Thanks for the advice.

wrap the end of a claw hammer(claw end) with tape and put it down inside. like pullin a nail..or fence pliers if yer feet really are that small

Go to a boot maker shop or a shoe repair store and ask them to use a "spot stretcher" or it may be called a "corn or bunion Stretcher". That should do what you are needing.

Latest posts