Stupid Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out Mill rons mad!!! Expect Pm's telling you to be nice. That bull has no horns!

Pictures are posted on the site all you have to do is search not that I have seen any of yours but I will search. You can join all the associastions you want all you have to do is pay your dues. You have your BS degree then your MS degree and finally your Phd which stands for pile it higher and deeper.

Dern you're good at evasion of things you don't want to or can't answer honestly.

First off... If this old computer had the ability to scan and post pitures you would have seen a bunch of them by now. However IF you'd like to see some send me your address and I'll be happy to send you a few dozen.

Second It doesn't really make any sense to join an association (check the spelling) if you're not going to be active now does it?

And finally I do have a BS degree. It's in Range Management and Agri-Business from the University of Wyoming. I also have an AS degee in Vet Technology.

Now quit evading the questions. Where are you? How big is your place? how many cows do you run? and what makes you an authority on everything?Z

Alice":19y1y3xy said:
Reckon maybe someday you can stay on the subject rather than hurl insults because you get cold busted for sticking your foot in your mouth?

Caustic Burno":19y1y3xy said:
All I can say Alice if you think that is good horse flesh you are sadly mistaken. Your kinda like that movie where all the broken toys go except for livestock.

Check and Mate...thank you, suh, for provin' my point. ;-)

Now, before your goon squad comes in to try to mop up, let me say, I'm done with this thread. Toodles... :)

Alice

MillIronQH":3vneu2yk said:
Pictures are posted on the site all you have to do is search not that I have seen any of yours but I will search. You can join all the associastions you want all you have to do is pay your dues. You have your BS degree then your MS degree and finally your Phd which stands for pile it higher and deeper.

Dern you're good at evasion of things you don't want to or can't answer honestly.

First off... If this old computer had the ability to scan and post pitures you would have seen a bunch of them by now. However IF you'd like to see some send me your address and I'll be happy to send you a few dozen.

Second It doesn't really make any sense to join an association (check the spelling) if you're not going to be active now does it?

And finally I do have a BS degree. It's in Range Management and Agri-Business from the University of Wyoming. I also have an AS degee in Vet Technology.

Now quit evading the questions. Where are you? How big is your place? how many cows do you run? and what makes you an authority on everything?Z

Oh I am not an authority I just have a great BS meter.

Lets see you admit to not owning a cow but sell horses and how playing cowboy and buying a horse is a good investment to someone running a part time cow operation. Bad advice.
Secondly I am really questioning your horse sense after seeing you compliment Alice's plug's. If those were Bull pictures you would have needed a barf bag after the board got through with that pile of horse flesh.
You ask how many cows I have and anyone that has been around any cattleman would know that is one of the rudest questions you can ask. How much money do you have in the bank? None of my business just like how many cows I have.
Again if you want to know where I am from do a search its easy.

Caustic Burno":2z7ab7ud said:
Secondly I am really questioning your horse sense after seeing you compliment Alice's plug's. If those were Bull pictures you would have needed a barf bag after the board got through with that pile of horse flesh.

Ok, so I'm not quite through...those horses are at the very least 25 years old...most likely older. They'd been neglected and dang near starved to death before I got them. They are dog gentle, dead broke, and extremely well trained, just the way they need to be for my very young grandchildren.

What's it to you that they are not the best of the best? I didn't post those pictures for you to give your nod of approval...I posted them because you insulted me with your "you don't have a place big enough for horses, Alice...The only horses you've ever been around or ever seen was in a Roy Rogers movie, Alice" remarks. And I, once again, took your hateful, nasty bait.

Like I said before, my grandchildren love them...and it's their opinion that counts...not your's, Mr. Burno, nor your goon squad groupies' opinions.

Alice

nathanm":31wl8wh1 said:
Ya know what?

I labeled this "Stupid Question" for a reason. Sorry i brought it up

Have a nice day

Nathan, don't be sorry...obviously, some people prefer the mechanized version to the original version. Who'd ever have thought it would turn into such a knock-down drag out, umm, err, "discussion"?

And what could possibly be wrong about giving a couple of older horses a good home where they can serve as a gentle introduction about horses to small children? I think some of us tend to forget that horses and mules and donkeys were among the first workers in agriculture and ranching. It's part of our heritage, like it or not.

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" ~ Winston Churchill

You ask how many cows I have and anyone that has been around any cattleman would know that is one of the rudest questions you can ask.

Yea and I told you in advance that I was about to get rude and nosey. It was a direct challange for you to prove yourself. Your constant evasion of the questions make me seriously doubt your validity.

As far as my assessment of alice's horses, your attack on her and them for no reason is further proof that you need to think about getting a script for prozac. Maybe you and Matt could get into therapy together.Z

Gale Seddon":3cr3ssc7 said:
nathanm":3cr3ssc7 said:
Ya know what?

Have a nice day

Nathan, don't be sorry...obviously, some people prefer the mechanized version to the original version. Who'd ever have thought it would turn into such a knock-down drag out, umm, err, "discussion"?

And what could possibly be wrong about giving a couple of older horses a good home where they can serve as a gentle introduction about horses to small children? I think some of us tend to forget that horses and mules and donkeys were among the first workers in agriculture and ranching. It's part of our heritage, like it or not.

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" ~ Winston Churchill

Thank you, Gale. :)

Alice

Nathan...as to the original question...horse / ATV?..It's your money, but whatever you wish and enjoy...no need to even justify your choice. I read into you messages that you enjoy what your are doing and from my seat there is no value to be placed on enjoyment.

Caustic...I made a choice sometime back to ignore you and your hateful a$$ attitude. While I have found value hidden in some of your responses, the attitude with which you attach others just turns me off; however, as Alice's husband, I will only stand for so much without speaking up. Enough is enough! What is your simple-minded purpose in the continual attacks on anything Alice posts? She never made any statement as to the quality of Trigger or Shorty...in fact, the statement she made regarding the two horses was they were for the grandchildren and that the grandchildren love them! Sir, you cannot place a value on that, other than, at least in my book, it is ALL (and get ready because we all know this is you sole purpose in everything you do) P R O F I T! We love our grandchildren very much and they love us. We want them to have the experiences with the horses, but do not wish to place them in harm's way and these old, gentle, hay-burners suit our purpose. I love my wife and I am fed up with your childish attacks on her, so keep your hateful, smart-a$$, remarks to yourself or if you are having a bad day, go kick you dog or something. Opinions are one thing, this is just ridiculous!

Van

nathanm":xao7tygt said:
Ya know what?

Have a nice day

Not a stupid question at all Nathan, I don't own either at the moment but if I had to have just one it would be the horse.

I wouldn't try to write it off for taxes or justify it's being here for the farm, it would mainly be because I love to ride and enjoy horses. That isn't to say a horse wouldn't be useful, as a matter of fact most of my riding would relate to checking fence and cattle, but I don't have enough of either to justify a horse.

I am sooo turned ATV's because of trespassrs it isn't funny. People buy a half acre in the country and all their kids and friends ( who each have their own atv )think they can ride anywhere they want. :mad:

Alice, the young lady next door has a gelding going on 24, looks a lot like the second horse in your pictures. Those folks don't have a lot of extra cash so the old phart farmer next door has been "loaning" them hay for the last 4 years.

Like you, she loves him and treats him right, and that is what matters.

MillIronQH":3l8a2rli said:
You ask how many cows I have and anyone that has been around any cattleman would know that is one of the rudest questions you can ask.

Yea and I told you in advance that I was about to get rude and nosey. It was a direct challange for you to prove yourself. Your constant evasion of the questions make me seriously doubt your validity.

As far as my assessment of alice's horses, your attack on her and them for no reason is further proof that you need to think about getting a script for prozac. Maybe you and Matt could get into therapy together.Z

I happen to appreciate your assessment very much, sir...even if it was kinder than necessary. ;-) Kindness is much valued, yet often times, little used. Thank you. :)

Alice

CB, Are you suggesting Alice should dispose of her Grandkids horses just because they don't look like they did when they were young, or is it they don't meet your standards? If she's teaching them respect for animals, how to take care of them, etc. what the "L" is wrong with that. Would you rather she was turning the GKs. loose on society to vandalize the community, taking dope, stealing, and so on. I'm hoping you could enlighten us on your real feelings on her keeping and letting her horses live with dignity instead of being neglected and abused in their declining yrs. Now if you think she should dispose of them, what would be the proper way to accomplish that?

They are dog gentle, dead broke, and extremely well trained

If you went to the retirement home and saddled up some 100 yr old man i bet he is just as broke and well trained.

Beef11":b9o3ib09 said:
They are dog gentle, dead broke, and extremely well trained

If you went to the retirement home and saddled up some 100 yr old man i bet he is just as broke and well trained.

I wouldn't be to sure about that. My wife is the ADON at a nursing home and alot of those oldtimers have still got plenty of the bark on.Z

vbd":2abf76hj said:
as Alice's husband, I will only stand for so much without speaking up. Enough is enough!
Van

In all fairness this thread was 4 pages deep with some heated debate between MillironQH and Caustic at the point your wife decided to enter it with her instigating clapping for MillironQH remarks towards Caustic (see the inciteful thread below).

What is that old saying? Teach your wife to stay out of the kitchen if she is going to cry when she gets her finger burned? ;-)

Alice":2abf76hj said:
MillIronQH":2abf76hj said:
Caustic Burno":2abf76hj said:
nathanm":2abf76hj said:
If someone is playin anything then they don't really live on a farm or do but don't do any work. Now we are all here as cattlemen, not as fake cowboys or to state our false hopes.

At any rate, CB, our farm has turned up profit for a good amount of years. And anymore, its growing just fine. Now, i don't live on a 500 acre farm that all we do is farm; we've all got our jobs. Nobody here is doin any playin at all, we know where the work needs done.

If your small enough to be workin the in town job and a part timer, the horse is a toy. Just admit you want one. A good horse is going to cost more than an ATV and it has to be fed everyday your arguement doesn't hold water.

I'm trying to figure out who died and made you king. Since when is your opinion the only right opinion?

If the young man wants to try it and finds pleasure in doing the job that way, who are you to dictate that he's wrong? He might try it and find it doesn't work for him and sale the horse but that will be his decision and not one you tried to shove down his throat.Z

And, there ya' go! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts