Stubborn Drunk Patient Wife

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Tonight I pulled up to an automatic ice machine and found a drunk guy trying to buy a bag of ice while his wife sat patiently in the car. I have no idea how long he had been there but I waited and watched him for several minutes balancing himself with his head as he tried to get the dollar bill to feed into the machine. I stood back about 8 feet to give him room but could smell the beer on him from there. After about five minutes I suggested the machine might be empty and told him I could drop some quarters in the slot to check. It was empty so he staggers to his vehicle and his wife carries him to the next ice machine across town with me following.

They miss the turn and I wheel in and purchase a bad of ice and am loading it in my cooler as he stumbles up to the machine. True to form he leans his head against the machine for balance and commences the difficult task of threading the dollar into the machine. I watch him for a few minutes because his stubbornness and tenacity impressed me. After I'd had my fill of entertainment I drove off and noticed his bag was finally being filled showing that he had accomplished this difficult feat. :lol2:

Well if it was a few weeks earlier and a little further north west I would apologize to you for Mr HD and 3way .... :lol: :p

Ice vending machine , never seen one or even heard about it . I guess they think we have enough snow here year round that they would not make any money with those . :help:

lol i probably would have said hurry the H... up man and helped him so i could get my ice and leave .. I love those ice machines its 2 bucks for a 16# bag JO what is it there?

hillsdown":24yzux07 said:
Well if it was a few weeks earlier and a little further north west I would apologize to you for Mr HD and 3way .... :lol: :p

Ice vending machine , never seen one or even heard about it . I guess they think we have enough snow here year round that they would not make any money with those . :help:

Watch it there. I think I may resemble that remark........can't speak for Eddie but probably him too :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

and BTW I don't suppose you would like to discuss the Cadillac Margarita for a while would you? ;-)

3waycross":20fi2w6d said:
hillsdown":20fi2w6d said:

Watch it there. I think I may resemble that remark........can't speak for Eddie but probably him too :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

and BTW I don't suppose you would like to discuss the Cadillac Margarita for a while would you? ;-)

Those were good times !!!! Memories that last a life time .. If I could remember .. :lol: :lol2:

My mom and stepdad own a couple of those machines. They were getting so many calls from folks having problems operating them so they installed a camera. I think it's like a live webcam. Very interesting and humorous to watch some people's kids, drunks and idiots alike

Ouachita":363ert29 said:
My mom and stepdad own a couple of those machines. They were getting so many calls from folks having problems operating them so they installed a camera. I think it's like a live webcam. Very interesting and humorous to watch some people's kids, drunks and idiots alike
About how much do those things cost?

jedstivers":2et3wsoa said:
Ouachita":2et3wsoa said:
They've had them about 3 years. I can't remember. For some reason 30k comes to mind, but I would have to ask to be certain

jedstivers":3kpu99bc said:
Ouachita":3kpu99bc said:
Jed Parker has a buddy that owns several of them bet he could find out for ya

Angus Cowman":24nm4o7j said:
jedstivers":24nm4o7j said:
Ouachita":24nm4o7j said:
Jed Parker has a buddy that owns several of them bet he could find out for ya

:lol2: Jed's thinkin like I do. Take quite a while in Ohio to sell 30,000 in ice, I'm afraid winter would kill you. When you fellers had serviced the last pump unit for the day you could go get your money out of the ice machines :lol2: . It sounds tempting doesn't it?

Larry

We have two types of these machines. One is an automatic type and they sell 10 lbs of ice for $1.25 or 20 lbs for $2. These machines are around $135,000 each. The one I go to the most is one built by a farmer who owns an ice house for his vegetables. He designed the dispenser and sells a 16 lb bag for a dollar. I can't make my own ice for this price so I sold my ice maker and started buying from him when there is not a drunk leaning up against the machine.

I know the guy pretty well and he and I were talking one day when a fella came up and said he bet he had a hard time counting all the quarters and dollar bills he collected. In jest he said it was a pain and sometimes he was up to late in the night counting but it wasn't that bad. :D

Latest posts