Stretching High Tensile Woven?

Help Support CattleToday:

hayray

Reaction score
Gonna stretch my first role of Beckart, fixed knot, high tensile woven tommorow. Wondering if you can stretch that stuff around a 90 degree corner or do you need to tie off and re-tie. Just making a small enclosure and would prefer to stretch continuous.

Aside from pipe post with an upper brace I can't forsee any corner post standing up to that amount of stress if it's tensioned properly. If it's a small stretch you might be able to stretch past the corner post and staple, then stretch around the corner heading the other direction. Like anything else in this world, each situation is different. Any way you go, make sure it's braced dam good.

We've built several miles of fully electrified hi-tensile woven wire fence all on steel pipe end and corner assemblies with PowerFlex posts for line posts. I would say from our experience it is better to tie off at every 90-degree corner. About 120-degrees is as tight a bend as we like to make without tying off.

In your particular situation where you are making a lot (or that's the way it sounds), I think you might be able to go around a 90-degree corner, assuming it is a very well constructed corner, by using Gripple connectors or in-line strainers on both sides of the corner or at each end assembly.

Let's say your fence was going to be about 200 ft on each leg of the L. Use Gripples at each end of the fence so that you could tighten it from both directions. If you were planning on using standard in-line strainers, I would do the same thing. If your runs were longer than 200 ft on either side, I would use the Gripples or in-line strainer but I would install them about 30 ft to either side of the 90-degree corner with the pull towards the end assembly.

Why is the woven wire recommended to be wrapped around the corner post and tied off rather then just wrapping the end and stapling it off? - Does it really matter? I found this buy looking at the manufacturers rec. on the internet where they show splicing or tieing the ends of the horizontals back onto each other. I have never done it this way before, but it does look alot neater and even.

hayray":19n3cvxt said:
Why is the woven wire recommended to be wrapped around the corner post and tied off rather then just wrapping the end and stapling it off? - Does it really matter? I found this buy looking at the manufacturers rec. on the internet where they show splicing or tieing the ends of the horizontals back onto each other. I have never done it this way before, but it does look alot neater and even.
I think you get a more even straight line pull by having each run tied back to itself. Seems that if you wrap it around the back of the post and continue one the line of pull is different and it tends to pull the top of the post into the pasture. JUst my thoughts

Latest posts