Strange Phone Call

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Got a phone call the other day from a guy wanting to go into the pastures and collect cow manure. Made out like he needed it for gardening. Sounded kinda strange. Lot of trouble when you can buy a 50# bag for about $3.00. I declined. Last time I let a bee keeper put bees on the place he left the gates open. "add a person add a problem" What do you think he was up to or was he legit. Just wondering if I'm really that greedy. :lol:

probably looking for shrooms after the rain. most gardeners know horse manure is better for gardens.

Had the same thing happen, said they wanted to use it on worm beds, when I told them that I was feeding minerals with IGR they lost interest.

Could be legit, or could have been scouting for deer, etc.. to hunt. I had a guy come here once, said he wanted to look for mushrooms, I was young and stupid then, said yes. My neighbor, we call him the warden, came by later said he chased the guys off, they were scouting for turkey, probably would have come back later, uninvited, cut fences, etc...

I post my land now, and the only ones who hunt here should be here.

GMN

Jogeephus":za8j5jsn said:
Got a phone call the other day from a guy wanting to go into the pastures and collect cow manure. Made out like he needed it for gardening. Sounded kinda strange. Lot of trouble when you can buy a 50# bag for about $3.00. I declined. Last time I let a bee keeper put bees on the place he left the gates open. "add a person add a problem" What do you think he was up to or was he legit. Just wondering if I'm really that greedy. :lol:

Jogeephus.

Just curious, but I would wonder just how he came up with your telephone number. You think maybe someone referred him to you??

Jack

Jogeephus":25x52fux said:

He heard that you have "good s***". :lol: :lol:

Only the best comes from my fields! :lol: Anyone who eats something growing in cow dung is pretty messed up already.

Next, I guess they'll be wanting to borrow my anhydrous tanks for their tomatoes!

Latest posts