storm

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
so far--so good, but it's a whopper. power has been out for a while now. lots of rain in just a few minutes it seems

Our power blinked off and back on a few times about 4:00am, but has been okay since the storm blew past. It was raining pretty hard, and had some high wind.

Last night it was here. 3 different cells. Hailed twice. Tornadoes in the area. Dublin looked like they got snow. Hail is deep in the pictures.

It hit us pretty hard . I just got home from work when it hit .everything on the porches is now in the yard . I'm gonna check the fence before I go to bed. no power for the last hour . I haven't seen that much wind since the last hurricane.

4th day in a row for rain here.....total two inches. Must have had a little puff of wind with this one. I didn't hear it. A plant was blown over on the patio and the grass looks like it's leaning towards the SE, but all the chairs were in their place.

The wind was stronger than I'd realized when I posted earlier. The 3' x 8' heavy rabbit hutch blew over, and the only other time that happened was when Hurricane Ike blew through. There are quite a few small limbs blown out of the trees here by the house, and I just heard that all the volunteer fire departments in the county have been called out to clear trees off the roads.

Yep, that was some light show to go with the wind and rain! Not much damage right around here, but I suspect I'll see some when I run into town later today. Storms last a lot longer here than I'm used to.

I lucked out and only got a light show with a small amount of rain. Sounds like the bad areas were south and west of me. Prayers for all those affected.

I was sort of on the edge of it I guess...got some small hail and a lot of wind with some pretty strong gusts but no damages around the place. Forgot to empty the rain gauge and it was almost full anyway so no idea how much rain we got. Tank is running over the spillway. Saw pics of Dublin that looked like it snowed and some hail from Stephenville that had to be larger than a softball.

We've done pretty good on rain this year. But not as good as some. There is some sort of anomaly, I guess in the terrain out west of here. When those big lines of storms come through this time of year.they will start to split over around lake Victor area. It storm 10 miles to the south. It storm 10 miles to the north.It's very predictable. I've heard the old timers talk about it and speculate on why my whole life. I saw it starting to separate and split on the radar last night. Went to bed mad. It must have got Back together because we got about a inch. I was proud to get it. Haygrazer and millet are only up about a week. Was starting to get a pretty heavy crust. You know getting to know the weather patterns not just for your area, But just for your piece of ground can be a really big deal

Power is still out--Entergy says 5pm restore time--tomorrow afternoon. Lines down in San Jacinto, Montgmery, and Liberty Counties. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I HATE trees!!

greybeard":2f4i65hc said:
Power is still out--Entergy says 5pm restore time--tomorrow afternoon. Lines down in San Jacinto, Montgmery, and Liberty Counties. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I HATE trees!!

Shade trees are nice....but when you have one every six inches like you folks do they're a dam nuisance.

I'm camped at my sister's about 9 miles up the road--she has power. Entergy gave an update about 4pm--electricity may be restored by 10pm now--tomorrow night. Loaded my freezer in the back of the truck and it's plugged in here.

Wind gusts at Conroe was 62mph. Wind at Vermillion Bay La earlier today was clocked at 101mph according to KLVI Beaumont radio station.

greybeard":227uw3zr said:
so far--so good, but it's a whopper. power has been out for a while now. lots of rain in just a few minutes it seems

Sheco (Sam Houston Electric) had 18,000 out in our area this morning across about 3 counties.
I would like to have known the actual sustained wind speed here this morning. I seen trees that were bent worse than
Rita did and we had gust then of 126. According to NOAA wasn't any twisters here just straight line wind the rain was
actually coming down and going up at the same time.

From this morning.
Tyler County Emergency Management
We had a massive storm with straight line winds pass through Tyler County this morning at 5:30 am. Power is out over most of the County. There are trees down on most roadways. Power crews ,TXDOT, and County Road and Bridges are working to clear roadways and power lines. We will keep you informed as information becomes available.

fenceman":vdhkjf1w said:
We've done pretty good on rain this year. But not as good as some. There is some sort of anomaly, I guess in the terrain out west of here. When those big lines of storms come through this time of year.they will start to split over around lake Victor area. It storm 10 miles to the south. It storm 10 miles to the north.It's very predictable. I've heard the old timers talk about it and speculate on why my whole life. I saw it starting to separate and split on the radar last night. Went to bed mad. It must have got Back together because we got about a inch. I was proud to get it. Haygrazer and millet are only up about a week. Was starting to get a pretty heavy crust. You know getting to know the weather patterns not just for your area, But just for your piece of ground can be a really big deal
That's what it was doing here....heading straight for us and it fizzle out just before it got here....or it would blow up on us and rain like the dickens after it left us. Watched the radar one time when we had a line coming from the northwest and another from the south....they collided over us and did a little "swing around" which knocked the stuffing out of both of them.....ended up getting nothing while everyone else got 2-4 inches.... Weather does come crazy chit.

CB I heard we had some areas out here with gusts up to 80-90 mph straight line winds....son and wife got almost 12 inches of rain in no time...house flooded...tornado missed them though.

Latest posts