stockers

Help Support CattleToday:

Central Fl Cracker

Reaction score
how much money does everbody spend per pound if they feed out a 450 lb calf? Assuming no grass I am curios on what the feed cost per lb that different parts of the Country spend. I know the argument about 3 % or 4 % per calves weight I just want to get an idea on feed cost and is twice a day enough with no grass or no hay.

i can understand u not having any pasture but y cant u get some hay? square or round?

You are playing with fire not feeding hay or grass.
Cattle need something long to stimulate their digestive tract

When you say "feed out" do you mean feeding a large group to sell to a feedlot or just feeding one head for your freezer? Thanks.

TexasBred":2dq6xh2t said:
When you say "feed out" do you mean feeding a large group to sell to a feedlot or just feeding one head for your freezer? Thanks.
20 steers i have them on pasture but with the drought we are going through i think i better start supplemting some feed

Central Fl Cracker":3c7y3ns4 said:
TexasBred":3c7y3ns4 said:
20 steers i have them on pasture but with the drought we are going through i think i better start supplemting some feed

Ive been buying 12% creep for $158/ton in Coleman, OK. At 6:1 that puts cost of gain close to $.48/lb.

$158 creep?? With the prices of todays feed ingredients I wouldn't expect much from a feed that cheap. Shoot for 10:1. Much more realistic.

MF135":bmoixsbx said:
Central Fl Cracker":bmoixsbx said:
TexasBred":bmoixsbx said:

Ive been buying 12% creep for $158/ton in Coleman, OK. At 6:1 that puts cost of gain close to $.48/lb.
Hello. Have you guys been getting any rain?

Latest posts