Stocker Cow Sale - Dec 29

Help Support CattleToday:

BC

Reaction score
Tri-County Livestock Auction is holding a year end replacement cow sale Saturday, December 29 at 12 Noon. Sale barn is located 2 miles east of New Summerfield, TX on US 79.

Standing room only crowd. Pairs from $1300 to $2560, mostly $1700 to $2010. Young, heavy bred cows $1400 to 1800. Took better than $1500 to buy a decent young cow. Older short-solid mouth cows that were 4 to 8 months bred would bring $1000 to $1300 per head. Some really good yearling Charolais bulls brought up to $2850 and 2 two-year old Horned Hereford bulls brought $2650.

BC":2ogv880z said:
TexasBred":2ogv880z said:
Does that jack ass Michael Davis still own that operation?
I don't know about jack ass Michael Davis, but Michael Davis and his sons own the barn.

Yep..that's him. The son always seemed like a very nice young man. I haven't seen either in ages.

What were the 2560$ pairs like? Are your pastures really in that good of shape for people to be that exited about buying cows.

denvermartinfarms":2bgk1i5o said:
What were the 2560$ pairs like? Are your pastures really in that good of shape for people to be that exited about buying cows.
Tiger stripe cows with Charolais calves

denvermartinfarms":33zcnvsp said:

That part of Texas has received quite a bit of rain. Things should be in good shape.

Latest posts