sticky stuff on the paint

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Took the old IFTA stickers off the bunk door on the KW with a razor blade. Now I have the sticky stuff still on the paint. Any suggestions for getting the sticky stuff off and not hurting the paint?
BTW, all the current stickers are on the stainless. :roll:

finger nail polish remover or acetone.

cypressfarms":1s9vx2jy said:
dj":1s9vx2jy said:
finger nail polish remover or acetone.

Be careful cert, fingernail polish and acetone are pretty strong. I recommend trying mineral spirits.

Cert I was thinking you were using this outside where fumes wouldn't be a problem. I learned this trick about 35 yr.s ago in the appliance business. Back then the packing tape actually had glue on it. You could rub and pick glue balls all day. Or you could get a rag with a little acetone on it and get it off quick.
And I've used this on truck and auto paint with no problems.
The last time I used mineral spirits it was pretty strong too.
Next time try heating with a hair dryer before pulling/scrapping off and it makes it some easier.

Yeap Goo Gone is good stuff, specifically made for removin sticky stuff. I've used it for removin the sticky stuff after takin off a sticker, also gum in carpet, grease on a vent hood, it's uses are too numerous to list.

certherfbeef":1nxssvte said:
Took the old IFTA stickers off the bunk door on the KW with a razor blade. Now I have the sticky stuff still on the paint. Any suggestions for getting the sticky stuff off and not hurting the paint?
BTW, all the current stickers are on the stainless. :roll:

GOOP makes pretty good stuff.

dj":116casj5 said:
Next time try heating with a hair dryer before pulling/scrapping off and it makes it some easier.

I have a thing called a heat gun. Used it while I was "removing" the stickers. These IFTA stickers are sticky like the year stickers on a liscense place.

Thanks for all the advise folks. Where can I get goo gone?

i think you can get it at wally world, kameapart, or any other chain like this. i've never had to buy it, just seen it sittin under my mom's kitchen sink. lol. maybe even a hardware store?

Laundry isle in wally world, but it's by the spray starch, spray n wash and stuff like that,I think...............not sure. But I know they have it, I've bought it there.

Go to your local Advance Auto or NAPA, 3M makes this stuff called adhesive remover or something like that in a spray can. Worked real well on some bumper stickers...

I was taking stickers off of new windows (woo hoo!) and the Goo Gone just laughed at me. I tried lighter fluid, and it did the trick. I soaked the sticky areas with the lighter fluid, and everything scraped right off with the razor - no residue.

How about E-Z oot the stuff we use on our spray adheshives on cattle, don't know if it will hurt paint or not though

Latest posts