Help Support CattleToday:

OK Jeanne

Reaction score
Does anyone have a steele saddle? If so, what do you
think of it overall? I've heard some people say it is
a better constructed saddle w/better leather than the
Tucker saddles. anyone with personal experience
with it and the general fit?

I haven't ridden one but have talked to some who have and they say nothing but good stuff about them. I plan to try one soon as they will loan you a saddle to trail ride for a couple of weeks. I think you have to put up about a $700 deposit, refundable or applicable to purchase of a new one. They have a web site under something like steelesaddles.com, type that in and something should come up. I personally don't like the Tucker all that well. Lots of riders around here ride the plantation saddle made by tucker. To me it sits too high off the horses back. The Steele appears to have a very deep seat with a lot of back support. I like em...........and anyone willing to loan one before purchase seems to stand behind what they sell.

The wife just got one so she doesn't have alot of ride time in it yet but she likes it so far. Seems to be well constructed and she likes it because its lighter than her western saddles.

Chris

Chris - which style did she get? Was it the standard
tree or a custom-fitted one?

What kind of horse are you riding? I have paso fino's that are sometimes hard to fit because of their withers and the steele saddle still fits them well. I'll try to find the info pac they sent me and pm it to you.

OK Jeanne":17yrqb1r said:
Chris - which style did she get? Was it the standard
tree or a custom-fitted one?

Jeanne,

I don't know the actual model and she's not home to ask but I will find out. I know that there was no fitting to the horse so I'm assuming that it was the standard tree.

Chris