Steel truss buillding

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Looking at a piece of land that has a 70X200 steel truss building on it. Concrete walls about 3 foot high. What's a good estimate of it's value?

Thanks

dun":3kk0y0ok said:
Looking at a piece of land that has a 70X200 steel truss building on it. Concrete walls about 3 foot high. What's a good estimate of it's value?

Thanks
id say roughly $200,000 to $300,000 depending on the shape of the building.but alot depends on how much your willing to give for the building.

That would be one expensive building. In my experience, buildings don't add much to land value when selling. What uses do you have and what will those uses earn you? Maybe that is an approach.
Wish I had a $ amount, but I don't.

Unless it's zoned ag you might find out how exspensive it is rather than how cheap it is.

Hey Dun

Been trying to think on your building, what type of flooring does it have and is the side walls concrete block or just formed walls? Also other then the 3 foot high concrete walls is the rest of it open? Also how much land is with it? Send me a PM if you would like.

Auburn_Ag":2rcbt1hj said:
Hey Dun

Been trying to think on your building, what type of flooring does it have and is the side walls concrete block or just formed walls? Also other then the 3 foot high concrete walls is the rest of it open? Also how much land is with it? Send me a PM if you would like.

Floor is dirt, the doors haven;t been hung. Old man that had it built died before it was finsihed. The stubwalls that the bulding sits on is poured concrete and there is a 3 foot wide concrete lip around the outside that is an extension of the footing/stubwall.

Dusty-Trails":252d0z3g said:
Unless it's zoned ag you might find out how exspensive it is rather than how cheap it is.

Zoning? This is MO, very few zoning laws here. Also don;t require permits to build.

Friend of mine just built a 60x120, wound up with a tad under 50k in it. I'd guess that one at 75k just for grins. But judging by the publications I've picked up in MO, the price of pole barns in your area is roughly half of what they cost here.

cfpinz":mglkmuak said:
Friend of mine just built a 60x120, wound up with a tad under 50k in it. I'd guess that one at 75k just for grins. But judging by the publications I've picked up in MO, the price of pole barns in your area is roughly half of what they cost here.

To have it built now with the concrete and all I was quoted 12-14 a sq foot. Just wish I could figure out a use for it

dun":2vljpr88 said:
cfpinz":2vljpr88 said:

To have it built now with the concrete and all I was quoted 12-14 a sq foot. Just wish I could figure out a use for it

It would make a helluva goat shelter! I wish I had one of those, I'd be set for kidding, rain, snow, wind, hay storage, grain storage, you name it! :D :D

msscamp":2tnq7em9 said:
It would make a helluva goat shelter! I wish I had one of those, I'd be set for kidding, rain, snow, wind, hay storage, grain storage, you name it! :D :D

If we buy the place the building may be for sale. Just trot on down and tear it apart and move it

dun":3kcy3cdn said:
msscamp":3kcy3cdn said:

If we buy the place the building may be for sale. Just trot on down and tear it apart and move it

You betcha! :lol2: :lol2: I can just see the look on Dad's face if I were to spring this one on him! :shock:

dun":e5baxtga said:
cfpinz":e5baxtga said:

The only concrete in my friend's is the pillar supports for the trusses, and he did most all of the work himself. The last I checked, concrete was about $100/yd here.

dun":69am0rt1 said:
Dusty-Trails":69am0rt1 said:

Zoning? This is MO, very few zoning laws here. Also don;t require permits to build.

Wrote the wrong words meant to say taxed as agricultural.

Friend of mind just built a 75x120, 18 ft eave hight, clearspan on piers, one endwall open. Cost him about $24,000.

1982vett":19y04hxy said:
Friend of mind just built a 75x120, 18 ft eave hight, clearspan on piers, one endwall open. Cost him about $24,000.

Was that with labor? This one has 25 foot eaves and 20x20 doors and is a clearspan. Big ugly albatross as far as I'm concerned

Yes, but his brother-in-law was the contractor, so it was probably done at cost. $2.67/sq. ft. sounds awfully cheap. His will be used as a haybarn/equipment storage. No utilities. He did the sitework himself, don't know if that was included in the price. He mentioned having 40 loads of fill dirt hauled, @ $100 a load (just had some hauled myself) would be another $4000 so that would put it at $3.11/sqft.

Really need to have someone in the metal building business give their thoughts.

Latest posts